presto 45 speed adapter

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

rsimms3

Re: presto 45 speed adapter

Sun May 01, 2016 1:13 pm

ROLANDJAYS said above he can. Todd has made some for the inner rim tables (6N etc). I'm getting a lathe later this month to tinker with, but it'll be a while before I have time enough to learn how to make anything efficiently or with precision.

yourbedhead

Sun May 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Cool, appreciate you considering... let us know how it goes if nothing comes up in the meantime. ROLANDJAYS, this still something you would consider doing for the right price?
rsimms3 wrote:ROLANDJAYS said above he can. Todd has made some for the inner rim tables (6N etc). I'm getting a lathe later this month to tinker with, but it'll be a while before I have time enough to learn how to make anything efficiently or with precision.

tapesandtubes

Wed May 04, 2016 10:51 am

Count me in for one!
Presto K8 | 6N

handcut

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 am

Hey all,

I'm trying to make head or tail of some brass fittings that came with my two 8N machines. See image. I thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start another one as it all seems to tie-in...

The two little guys fit over the drive pulley and definitely make the platter spin at 45RPM when the shift lever is in '33'. A lot of rumble though... Are these the ones folks have been discussing here??? They tend to bind when I engage the shift lever also. Seems to require readjustment of the entire hanger assembly to prevent this.

The other two are a bit more of a mystery. They both measure 27/32" dia. The squat one has a 1/2" hole through the middle and a set screw top & bottom. The taller one has a 5/16" hole through it and the two little 45RPM sleeves fit on top, so I'm guessing it's a drive pulley??? There's some banding around the thicker section that is the same depth as an idler wheel....
IMAG0384[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.