noise issues with VR

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Xtrica

noise issues with VR

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:55 am

I was having ground loop issues, now it seems to have gone away by just changing out some cables and replugging everything, I now have the noise of the motor beight cut wich was not before, why is this happening??? i attach a link for the cut, you hear me changing the speed of the motor, at some point i turn the amp off.

https://soundcloud.com/xtricamusic/0003-vinyl-playback

2bitcomputer

Re: noise issues with VR

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:19 pm

That's happened to me several times - you just have to keep moving/changing things till you find the source, could be a cable, the routing of a cable, a wall wart or ...?.
I eventually went to a dedicated 12v supply just for the main unit which helped a lot...
Happy hunting!

andrew93

Re: noise issues with VR

Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 pm

Best is to take a methodical approach. Start with big stuff and check for resistance between different ground points. Should be no big difference otherwise you have trouble.