contacting vinylium

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

dubs

contacting vinylium

Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:34 pm

anyone know if vinylium are still selling their dubplate cutters? ive sent them several emails but to no response. i heard that flo left them last year so maybe they dont produce the cutter anymore??

andybee

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:35 pm

I think, the cutter is still available.
vinylium has limited office ours at the moment.
maybe try to contact them over the phone...
good luck!
good things take time 8)

cuttercollector

vinylium / Flo K.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:41 pm

Flo is a member here. I didn't know he left vinylium. I thought it and the Kingston dubplate cutter were his company and product. Whassup? Flo?....

cuttercollector

status of modern dub cutters

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:45 pm

While we are at this, what is the availability of the Vinylrecorder and the Vestax unit? Are all 3 still in production or available? Are there any other new machines out there? I just told someone else on here that these might be his least expensive alternatives for producing new stereo records.

dubs

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:02 pm

would really appreciate if anyone on here has a vinylrecorder, contacting me by pm so i can ask a few questions.

motorino

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:23 am

vestax has retired his vrx2000 of the market, a pile of criticize bad on its quality, single is stock

please, do not buy one vrx2000, you are going to trash your money

single there are two options to, vinylrecorder (now, the best option to cut plastic) and kingston (to cut lacquers or acetates)

luck! :D
Marcos

dubs

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:35 am

do you have experience with the kingston motorino?

mich

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:15 am

There are a lot of reasons to choose the kingstom over the vinylrecorder, from the high quality of the kingstom compared to the vinylrecorder, to the rude seller of the second one, who stop selling blank pvc records to some of the dub cutter services who bought his machine, with no reason. I know one of this services, they closed and sold all components, and the other still has the machine... but had to stop the busines because they can't record blank discs. IMHO it's not very intelligent to sell the machine and without any visible reason stop providing components and/or supplies. Personally i'd never recomend this product, the vinillium is a better machine, and they're nice.

Mich

dubs

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:29 am

good info mich, thx.
what are the options for recording pvc on the vinylium? - availabilty of diamond stylii that fits it, and pvc blanks at reasonable prices.
i believe that pvc cuts are of lesser quality than acetates,dubs, etc.. but if the kingston can cut these is the quality acceptable (noise,etc..)?

motorino

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:06 pm

my imho, vinylrecorder its good for scratch djs

only the plastic supports the scratch, i knows the apollo lites..

KINGSTON IS THE BEST CUTTING MACHINE, but, for the moment, dont cut in to plastic :cry:
Last edited by motorino on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcos

dubs

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:07 pm

i thought it did, was just a case of fitting a diamond stylus?

motorino

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:15 pm

THIS IS A MAYDAY CALL FOR THE MANUFACTURING GENTLEMEN OF TRANSCO AND ADAMANT

PLEASE WE NEEDED CUT DIAMONDS!!!
Marcos

dubs

Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:30 pm

i thought there were diamond stylii available for the head (sc-99?)...read somewhere andy bee saying he got some?

motorino

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:00 am

years ago diamonds made, I have some bought in ebay….but old, now no longer they make

somebody knows where are possible to be obtained diamonds for sx74?
Marcos

flozki

vinylium contact

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:57 pm

hello. ok some news from the loneliness of the swiss-pampa....

vinylium still exists. no worry. they just dont have the regular swiss bank opening times( from 8:00-12:00 and 13:30-18:30)...or they are damn busy..or they are listening to too loud music and dont hear the phone ringing.....

so send an email or call. best chances are after 13:00 swiss time..

the vinylium (kingston) dubplate cutter is still for sale. and will be serviced no problemo....and if there will be problems in far future. there is still flozkis-week end repair worksshop. but dont use as long as there is vinylium....

also i bet there will be pvcs diamonds and much more gadegets out for the vinylium cutter......

Aussie0zborn

Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:20 am

motorino wrote:years ago diamonds made, I have some bought in ebay….but old, now no longer they make somebody knows where are possible to be obtained diamonds for sx74?
There's a rason why the SX74 uses a sapphire stylus and not diamond but I dont remember. Maybe Flo knows the reason for this???

JayDC

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:15 pm

I guess vinylium is still around, but not answering emails. I would like to purchase a Head, and electronics from them for my presto.. Any leads on this equipment would be great!..

flozki

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:47 am

hey try
andre@vinylium.ch

or better all@vinylium.ch so they will get it.....

cheers flozki

Vinylium GmbH

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:07 pm

hello everybody

i am christoph from vinylium. of course, vinylium still exists. of course, the dubpatecutter is still available. you can reach us under

info@vinylium.ch.

for not having to much troubles, please take into account:
- check your email address before sending the message. you won't believe, how much undeliverable answers we are creating
- do not expect an answer within hours: we all are working as a part time job at vinylium. we are often not able to answer on the same day. although you should receive an answer at least within 1 week! if you didn't, write in capital letters: HEY GUYS, WHAT'S UP

so...do not hesitate to contact us, if there are some questions/problems or whatever. we try to give our best!

christoph

sth more: info@vinylium.ch comes to us. !! .ch !!. Unfortunately .com NOT.

flo: thanks a lot for telling us!

buckettovsissors

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:40 pm

There are a lot of reasons to choose the kingstom over the vinylrecorder, from the high quality of the kingstom compared to the vinylrecorder, to the rude seller of the second one, who stop selling blank pvc records to some of the dub cutter services who bought his machine, with no reason. I know one of this services, they closed and sold all components, and the other still has the machine... but had to stop the busines because they can't record blank discs. IMHO it's not very intelligent to sell the machine and without any visible reason stop providing components and/or supplies. Personally i'd never recomend this product, the vinillium is a better machine, and they're nice.

Mich
I met the vinylrecorder guys at the frankfurt musik messe,
not impressed, with them at least, yes its true ,they are not nice, ok there machine is ok but ,They listened to my cd for all of 1 second and said "no ,cant cut that" "not today" I told them its possible "its possible but not here" ok but they really just stoped talking then ,no willingness to explain how it works or why ,or what to adjust ect. ect. Just "NO" and off to cut the next techno record.
Allthough the vinylrecorder is very intersting, it does kind of look a bit homemade somehow, not that it doesnt work ect. but I just wonder when I see it and then see the price....