Recordio audio input

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

amok

Recordio audio input

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:13 am

So, I just got my second Recordio the other day and I need to open these things up to figure out how to tap an audio input (1/4" jack) into the cutting amp. Is this as simple as replacing the radio output line that connects to the recording portion?

I don't expect it to be tough to figure out but just wondered if anyone has details or info while I wait a month of so for the heat here to cool down before I can work on it. My garage is about as cool as Satan's asshole right.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:08 pm

When Gib Epling ...
http://www.west-techservices.com/
...fixed mine, he put a 1/4" line into the microphone jack, so I could switch my crystal mic in and out with a line input. He also made a special line input cord to plug into that jack, which had some sort of resistor in it to make the impedances match.

I think it was a good solution. This way, I can still use the radio!