The Record Jacket Corporation

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

basquiattag

The Record Jacket Corporation

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Hey guys - just letting you all know we've opened up a factory producing full colour printed (and blank) 12" record jackets. Our facility is in Toronto. Since there's not many of us out there, I thought it might be a good idea to let you know of our existence.

Here's a video of our fabricating machine in action:
http://youtu.be/ap57672_eFE

We're offering wholesale rates for manufacturing plants, so please PM me if interested.

Thanks,
Paul

JayDC

Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 am

awesome, tanks for the info..

jjgolden

Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:03 pm

When/where are they available for sale?

basquiattag

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:58 pm

When = now! We're finally done all our modifications and tinkering, with a result we're proud of. We're based in Toronto, and the jackets are available through me (Paul) at paul [@] samomedia [dot] com or 416.425.6631.

We've set up two tiers for pricing: wholesale (so we can start relationships with plants and brokers) and re-sale (folks off the street).

If anyone would like some samples sent out, I'm really confident in our quality and would be happy to do that. Please send me an email at the above address and I'll get them right out to you. Or you can PM me.

Thanks!

Aussie0zborn

Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Video looks good. Great find! Where did you dig up this machine if I may ask?

basquiattag

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:29 pm

Aussie0zborn wrote:Video looks good. Great find! Where did you dig up this machine if I may ask?
Thanks! We found it at a factory in Woodbridge, Ontario. These guys were getting out of the print packaging business and hadn't used it in years. A machine broker we know connected the dots between us. After we got it, they ended up being our mentors while we wrestled to calibrate it to our specs (I'm sure most of you on here know what that's like, haha). Now that's it running the way we want it to, we're opening the doors and letting people know we're out there.