Need flexis for embossing

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

luke13

Need flexis for embossing

Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:04 am

hallo my friends, I'm looking for flexis or pvc or similar sheet to make flexis ( i have a cutter plotter and ca cut round pvc sheet). I have a vanrock / atom mono recorder machine and would like to try to make flexis with embossing process ( i find on the web presto style stylus to emboss). I also try to cut with diamond stylus, sound quality is very good, but too expensive stylus for the limited work life. I also try to emboss with presto stylus with a standard pvc sheet that I find ( made by Fellowes, are binding covers 0,3 mm thickness) without good results and presto stylus stop to emboss after only 3 records... I'm desperate.... If anyone have an idea how can I do/use to realize flexis with my mono machine are very welcome!!!
Thanks in advance.

The Shank

Re: Need flexis for embossing

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 am

luke13 wrote:hallo my friends, I'm looking for flexis or pvc or similar sheet to make flexis ( i have a cutter plotter and ca cut round pvc sheet). I have a vanrock / atom mono recorder machine and would like to try to make flexis with embossing process ( i find on the web presto style stylus to emboss). I also try to cut with diamond stylus, sound quality is very good, but too expensive stylus for the limited work life. I also try to emboss with presto stylus with a standard pvc sheet that I find ( made by Fellowes, are binding covers 0,3 mm thickness) without good results and presto stylus stop to emboss after only 3 records... I'm desperate.... If anyone have an idea how can I do/use to realize flexis with my mono machine are very welcome!!!
Thanks in advance.
http://www.myshank.com/en/transparent-blank/94-7-transparent-15mm-small-hole.html?search_query=flexi&results=1

Diamond can cut everything.... Absolutely everything... but not necessarily for a long time.
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe