Nice article; 10 presses from Mexico

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

untitledthe

Nice article; 10 presses from Mexico

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:17 pm

Personally i dont have alot to add to this forum (dreamer) but really interested.
Anyway i came across this article, a nice read and why not share it. :)

Furnace Mfg. Finds and Buys Ten Toolex Alpha Record Presses!

Read more at http://www.analogplanet.com/content/furnace-mfg-finds-and-buys-ten-toolex-alpha-record-presses#fSzYj8WiwBToxoii.99

Grtz!

andybee

Re: Nice article; 10 presses from Mexico

Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:10 pm

there was nothing to search and find.
a guy offered theses presses to a lot of people,
also to me...
finally, the highest bid was sucessfully... money talks!
good luck to them for restauration... :twisted:

mossboss

Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:09 pm

Journalistic licence Andy
The article reads better with a bit of adventure thrown in
Any way the game needs capacity hopefully this will help the delivery time a bit when they are in production.
Best
Chris

untitledthe

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:06 pm

What is really the bottleneck nowadays, is it really the pressing itself or the galvanizing?
IMO (outsider) i would say its the glavanizing, as thats the source and its really a craft only the veterans seems to obtain.
Every now and then its like there are sheds with presses popping up?
Turnaround times seems to go stable or getting even worse not much better anyway (EU).

rsimms3

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 pm

I read an article recently that pointed the finger at the pressing plants but not the number of presses, but the constant orders for specialty/gimmick/color vinyl. The article noted the extra time that was needed to baby sit the presses to put hair, blood, string, glitter, etc. into the vinyl by hand. In addition there's special colors that can only be mixed by hand or wacky split color records or whatever. Then there's the Beatles reissues last year and then there's stuff that to me is unnecessary. Coyote Ugly soundtrack? Who is buying that? The number of reissues for material readily available from original pressings still is staggering between the Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith, etc. it's just taking up time and space that other new material could be pressed.