New Lacquer discs

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

fusionkid

New Lacquer discs

Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Hello Trolls, I am looking for some UK based people with cutting facilities and experience, who can test some new lacquer dub-plates (i.e not suitable for plating) and give honest appraisal.
I can't pay cash, but i can reward you with new discs. And if i can make a good product, i wont forget your help. These discs initially intended as an affordable alternative to commercially available Dub-plates, and hopefully I can develop the discs for mastering/ plating purposes. This project will take ages since i'm doing it in spare time, but anyone interested in taking part, please send me a message.
FusionKid

opcode66

Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:12 pm

I'd pay for shipping if you want someone in the USA to test on a VMS70.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

mossboss

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:19 am

Ok PM me and we can have a crack at them Kid VMS with sx 74 two of and an SX 68, Vinyl recorder, as well as an early AM 32 we can also have a go at plating them in the UK
Cheers
Chris