Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Snug Music

Re: Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:12 am

sakuszi wrote:Skotty ,
I tell you again. The equalizer Behringer has 62 art such a module, much more powerful, sophisticated. For each frequency is one such system, including the 62, plus others. These tweeters are serially connected capacitor 2.2 to 10 micro Farad, most often 4.7 micro F, Unsolder this capacitor. I do a little bit more advanced electronics, the electronic system is nonsense, forget about it quickly.
Photo equalizer Yamaha, think a moment .... :mrgreen:
but what I want, this head with the caruso work that goes determined and I'm pretty sure! I have hooked to experiment a bit. I want to build with these tweeters a functioning feedback head. let's see what I can do.

Regards Scotty :wink:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

sakuszi

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:33 am

good luck, Scotty ...

marcy108

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:49 am

>EpicenterBryan,Scotty
thank you very much for your reply!
i keep on trying to make my cutterhead.
i will post again if i have some problem.

Scotty,i wish you make great feedback cutterhead!

best regard,
MERCY

Snug Music

Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:05 am

marcy108 wrote:>EpicenterBryan,Scotty
thank you very much for your reply!
i keep on trying to make my cutterhead.
i will post again if i have some problem.

Scotty,i wish you make great feedback cutterhead!

best regard,
MERCY
hey marcy, .. thanks, I think it is probably difficult with the board, but I firmly believe that it can be done, because I'm pretty sure ... I had a good result and I know that there would be Get even more out. if something should be, I am happy you with help and advice to the side, but at the moment I'm a bit in the background, in order to devote myself to the board.
Regards Scotty 8) :wink:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

Snug Music

Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:13 am

sakuszi wrote:good luck, Scotty ...

thanks Saku...;)

EpicenterBryan

Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Snug Music wrote:My question to you: Is there a possibility that Caruso adapt to this Tweeter?
Perhaps. I am still fighting with closing the loop on my drivers. Slight changes to the drivers are getting closer and closer to that end. I'll post an update tonight or tomorrow.

Are you trying to add feedback to your tweeters, or do you just want to use the Caruso boards for the iriaa? If you are trying to add feedback, you might want to share some photos / details about your shielding (which is going to be very important) and your coils / magnets and positions. Also, there will come a point where you will really need to do a transfer function and get a phase plot. That will tell us a great deal about what the issues are - the phase plot is especially important. If you do have that ability, then when you make a change you can verify if it makes the problem less, or didn't do what you were trying to do.

I'm discovering it is important to get the drivers (including damping, shielding and so on) working the best possible way before spending too much time closing the loop. If you can't get drastic frequency spikes ( resonances) and associated phase changes under control, closing the loop is much more complicated than I thought.

Bryan

Snug Music

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:11 pm

EpicenterBryan wrote:
Snug Music wrote:My question to you: Is there a possibility that Caruso adapt to this Tweeter?
Perhaps. I am still fighting with closing the loop on my drivers. Slight changes to the drivers are getting closer and closer to that end. I'll post an update tonight or tomorrow.

Are you trying to add feedback to your tweeters, or do you just want to use the Caruso boards for the iriaa? If you are trying to add feedback, you might want to share some photos / details about your shielding (which is going to be very important) and your coils / magnets and positions. Also, there will come a point where you will really need to do a transfer function and get a phase plot. That will tell us a great deal about what the issues are - the phase plot is especially important. If you do have that ability, then when you make a change you can verify if it makes the problem less, or didn't do what you were trying to do.

I'm discovering it is important to get the drivers (including damping, shielding and so on) working the best possible way before spending too much time closing the loop. If you can't get drastic frequency spikes ( resonances) and associated phase changes under control, closing the loop is much more complicated than I thought.

Bryan
hi bryan .. once thanks for your answer! So, I want to use the board as Caruso riaa. the board makes but lowcut still in too much bass. Furthermore, I am with the caruso riaa not completely satisfied with a riaa about my daw and subsequent equilizer fine tuning (without caruso!) It works much better. I really want once that the driver (tweeter) function properly and I get flat. only then consider I to me the thing with the feedback. may perhaps be that the Caruso board does not come with the tweeters cope? please excuse my english, I had long not needed (25 years ago) am 53 years and my local language is actually German. :oops: smile :lol:

Regards Scotty :wink:

EpicenterBryan

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Snug Music wrote:So, I want to use the board as Caruso riaa. the board makes but lowcut still in too much bass.
Scotty,
Let me make sure I understand. You have too much bass using Caruso? If yes and you are not using feedback you need to short out R405 (which also shorts out C403). Those two parts cause a bass boost of about 25db at 20hz because they change the effective RF resistor in a classic inverting op-amp which causes increased gain at low frequencies (Gain =-RF/Rin) and the effect decreases as frequency increases because the capacitor starts to short out the R405 resistor as frequency increases. But you also want to remove C401 if you are not using feedback. The combination of C401 and R401 form a frequency dependent resistor that is in parallel with R402 which causes the Rin resistor to decrease which causes the added gain to decrease as frequency increases. The combination of C401 and R402 sets the corner frequency where the increased bass boost stops.

My advice right now, is not to use Caruso at all until you have a frequency response for the head. Do this in either 2 ways:
1). Run either flat white or pink noise (depending on if your measurement device is FFT or RTA based). Measure it with a flat phono preamp and plot results.
2). OR Prepare white or pink noise (depending on if your measurement device is FFT or RTA based) with iRiaa applied to the file first, and then play back with a standard riaa preamp you trust - plot the result.

Then, you can see what's going on on the low end for sure. Then we can see if you can make changes to the Caruso boards with the R405/C403 or the R401/ C401 combination to help on the low end.

Also my friend - a few things to make life easier for the reader. When you want to quote something that some one said in a post - just highlight what is important before pressing quote. That will quote only that sentence. If you do that we don't have to read everything from the previous post, just what was important to you when you replied.

And, I understand English is not your primary language. I appreciate that. Try an experiment for me (and other readers). Type a response in German, and paste it into Google Translate https://translate.google.com/ . Read what the English version looks like and if it is reasonable - go ahead and post the English version. I have found that it actually works very well and is actually more accurate. I had many exchanges with the CEO of a company in Japan who spoke English quite well. When we experimented with Google Translate we had fewer questions back and forth. It works quite well.

I'm not sure if you also know about this fact relating to the Caruso boards... The iRiaa bass cut is always applied on Caruso no matter if the iRiaa switch is on or off as I understand it.

Bryan

sakuszi

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:45 am

Hi , Snug M 250 mm record diy 20Hz - 15kHz , 0 db 1000 Hz https://youtu.be/GEarheLts1Q :mrgreen: :oops: 8) Real

Snug Music

Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:24 pm

sakuszi wrote:Hi , Snug M 250 mm record diy 20Hz - 15kHz , 0 db 1000 Hz https://youtu.be/GEarheLts1Q :mrgreen: :oops: 8) Real

hey,..Saku great work!!!
( Saubere Arbeit! ) :wink:

regards Scotty 8) :wink:

sakuszi

Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:20 am

Snug Music wrote:
sakuszi wrote:Hi , Snug M 250 mm record diy 20Hz - 15kHz , 0 db 1000 Hz https://youtu.be/GEarheLts1Q 8) Real

hey,..Saku great work!!!
( Saubere Arbeit! ) :wink:

regards Scotty 8) :wink:
thx,
I prepare the quartz direct drive motor 7 generation, special to the turntable platter, the vacuum, now I use poor motor sony 0.5 kg / cm, the new motor has a torque of 10 kg / cm, I am a little surprised :mrgreen: , a few days 8) :wink:

Snug Music

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:40 am

thx,
I prepare the quartz direct drive motor 7 generation, special to the turntable platter, the vacuum, now I use poor motor sony 0.5 kg / cm, the new motor has a torque of 10 kg / cm, I am a little surprised :mrgreen: , a few days 8) :wink:
Yes...:)
Saku,
I am also building at the moment another Lathe, overhead like Scully / Neumann and use a washing machine motor.
which are really good.

regards Scotty

Bahndahn

Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Snug Music wrote:I am also building at the moment another Lathe, overhead like Scully / Neumann and use a washing machine motor.
which are really good.
I'd love to see photos of this sometime!

Thelurker

Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:43 am

Thelurker wrote:
Thanks Aarron, my Lanzars came today, already fitted to the head but I messed up on one side, the cone isn't central and the epoxy glue already dried so I have to order another pair. Gutted! I had it all perfect but I stupidly adjusted the M4 screw behind and shifted it all out of place!

Tweeters look and sound promising though! What I will do so that they are not totally wasted is to test how much power I can give them before they blow!
Ok so I tried these, sound quality was good but I couldn't get them any louder then 0db on the Souri meter on playback! The cone movement just stops at this level and eventually becomes distorted.

Anyone got any other tweeters to try?

Snug Music

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:00 am

I'd love to see photos of this sometime!

hey Bahndahn, ..
yes you get the images.
but at the moment we are still at the experimental phase.
Currently i´let make laser cuts that need a little bit.
But you get the pictures ...promised... smile :mrgreen:

best regards...

Scotty 8) :wink:

Human2

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 am

Laser cuts? In stereo? How do you make the sound 2 image convert?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Snug Music

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:30 am

Human2 wrote:Laser cuts? In stereo? How do you make the sound 2 image convert?

hahaa...NO!

not lasercuts on Lathe!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lasercuts for the new Lathe!
( we letting components for the new Lathe customize! ) hehee :mrgreen:

Human2

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 am

Oh! For parts.

sakuszi

Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:35 am

This primitive machine caliper recorder . https://youtu.be/8t8pbDP7H7o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thelurker

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:52 pm

I've been told that the original Souri tweeters are actually 8ohm! Can someone make a measurement to confirm?