ballad of davey crockett in GERMAN !!

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

THEVICTROLAGUY

ballad of davey crockett in GERMAN !!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:49 pm

a custom brown wax cylinder for a customer in Germany. i am getting lots of orders from overseas, France, Germany, Australia, England and Ireland. seems to be lots of interest in Australia, as well as Europe. these recordings are mostly customer supplied audio files, but many times i can find the song they wish on the internet archive, you tube, etc.

always interesting to hear some of these recordings, songs you know well sung in a different language are always interesting to transfer to a cylinder. this was originally recorded on a 45 disc in 1955, the height of the davey crockett popularity due to the Disney tv show with fess Parker. this went on to become a hit television series. Herr Crocket is immortalized by Hayes and Bleyer using the same basic arrangement as their original English-language smash. Transferred from the original 45rpm: Cadence 1422 - Die Ballade von Davy Crockett (Brandin-Bruns) by Bill Hayes, orchestra conducted by Archie Bleyer

DeonisP

Re: ballad of davey crockett in GERMAN !!

Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Magical sound :)
P.S. Firstly i thought it is a ballad about another davey crockett, nuclear one, lol.