How to build a DIY stereo lathe cut

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Crismgc

How to build a DIY stereo lathe cut

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi, I’m from Chile, and I was searching for some information to make a DIY lathe cut from scratch: a stereo cutterhead, the type of needle, what kind of motor, the velocity regulation of the motor, suggestions of hi fi amps and exciters, i only found how to make the steel structure, and some basic ideas to make the cutterhead, the other stuff i didn’t understand it so much, Do I need only 1 motor to move the cutterhead side to side?Can anyone help me, please? I know is a lot of experimentation, but i need the start :( and sorry for my bad english. thanks

Soulbear

Re: How to build a DIY stereo lathe cut

Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:16 pm

Hi Crismgc,
Read the posts within the forum, PIAPTK wrote a fantastic guide for all newbies, do yourself a favour and readi it. :wink: :wink: :wink: If you want to understand the basics of how a Stereo Cutterhead works Epicenterbrian One of our knowledgable Lathtrolls posted this video on YT :wink: :wink: :wink: :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s62GfJEr6PI
Read Grooveguys Posts here on the Forum on how to make a Stereo Cutterhead :wink: :wink: :wink:
All good stuff, and welcome to the Forum :wink: :wink:
Regards Soulbear :P :) :D