Presto Equipment from George Heid Productions

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

GeorgeHeid

Presto Equipment from George Heid Productions

Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Hello Lathe Trolls, Presto lathe's here.

My father (George H Heid) started Pittsburgh's first recording studio (George Heid Productions) in 1935.
I have many of the pieces of Presto gear my father bought and used in his recording studio. The gear is largely from the 1950s. It was in full 100% working condition and used up to 1970 when we closed his studio due to his terminal illness. Then it was stored in my mothers house for the last 45 years. She passed last year (95 years old) and the equipment was brought to my place.

I hope to find buyers who are looking for this equipment and will appreciate these items. This equipment has had only one owner and has an ideal history of professional delicate use.
The equipment is cleaned up and I intend to take a thorough batch of pictures. I'm looking into a .jpg picture batch host so I can send anyone a large stash of photos of these pieces.

The Lathe Trolls are the first people I wish to make the following gear available to before I list these on Ebay.

2 Presto 6N lathes
1 Presto 88-A amplifier
1 Presto 92-A amplifier
1 Presto 85-E amplifier
2 Presto 160 automatic equalizers
2 Presto 1D cutter heads
2 Grey Research (I believe Model 103) 16" tonearms (with complete
Presto 6N mounting components.
Misc. Motors, brackets, Presto cast platters (models from other Presto
cutters)
1 Altec 322C limiter amplifier w/P511 power supply

I can be reached via email sent to gvheid (at) hotmail (dot) com
or phone: + 1-412-781-4343

I thank you,
~GeorgeHeid

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Presto Equipment from George Heid Productions

Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 am

This was in the wrong thread. Maybe you all caught it. I don't know whether any of this is still available.

Aussie0zborn

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:03 am

Hi George. Thanks for posting that here. I am sure it will find a better home amongst the Lathe Trolls than it would from a random buyer on eBay who will probably never get it up and running.

Good luck with your sale.

piaptk

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Piaptk, lathecuts.com, and MVr could give this stuff a very loving and nurturing home where it could grow up to reach its full potential. I've already made an offer, so I'm crossing my fingers. :-)
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

lornaf

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:55 am

don't suppose the 6n's are still available?