WTB: Presto 6N

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

tapesandtubes

WTB: Presto 6N

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Hello,

I'm on the lookout for a Presto 6N.
Presto K8 | 6N

piaptk

Re: WTB: Presto 6N

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:06 pm

I have a variety of machines. Most of which I use on a daily basis and none that I'm in a hurry to sell, but if the price is right I could be persuaded. All of my machines are complete, 100% functional, and include a year of newbie tech support if you need. But I'm not looking to sell cheap.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

crowesBR

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Hi. I'm new here.
Looking for one too.

Thanks
Anderson

lazlo

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:15 am

I have a Presto 6N which has been in storage for about 25 years. It is complete but in need of restoration. I will not be using it now and would like to sell it, either "as-is" or restored (obvious price difference there). I also have several Presto cutting styli and several worm drives. If there is any interest her I could post photos and a link thereto.

It is heavy and difficult to pack & ship, so I have also considered selling it in pieces (turntable & drive system, overhead lathe, cutting head, styli, worm drives, etc). I would welcome suggestions.

Thanks

lazlo

Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:25 pm

Hi all,
I have retrieved my Presto 6N from storage as per my previous post and uploaded photos and a few comments online. Go to:

www.capcomm.ca/Presto-6N

Comments? Questions? I'll be monitoring the forum.

Thanks.

lazlo

Tue May 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi Fine Trolls,

I have updated the page with comments and phots of the Presto 6N which I would like to sell. The package now includes a neat Presto rack with 11 sapphire styli in their Presto cases and there are 6 feed screws of various pitches.

http://www.capcomm.ca/Presto-6N

This unit needs some work but everything appears solid. However, I cannot test everything and have to sell it "as-is". Comments are welcome. Thanks.

tapesandtubes

Tue May 03, 2016 3:38 pm

I'm interested in your 6N. Email me at austinnpotter at gmail.com.
Presto K8 | 6N