listed again - Universal Record Lathe Turntable Western Elec

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

markrob

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi,

Cool lathe, but I think this is a scam. Perhaps a hacked ebay account. The seller is from India and the main items sold are shoes. There are some crazy vintage audio and music items up for auction along with the shoes. These all start at $88.88 with a 2 day auction length. He states that you cannot contact him through ebay and must use a gmail account. Very fishy!

Mark

lil_timmie_still_born

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:58 pm

not only that! every item is buy it now $1700. including a vintage juke that has to be worth twice that amount and several vintage guitars. this lathe was listed a week ago and ebay killed it. i am going to send him an email about the lathe and see what his reply is.

lil_timmie_still_born

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:08 pm

This listing (370452641748) has been removed, or this item is not available.
Please check that you've entered the correct item number
Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

lil_timmie_still_born

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:13 pm

i emailed the guy just to see what the deal was. i told him i wanted two items he had listed. he sent me a very official invoice with payment to be made by western union. total fraud.

Dear Jeph Styles (xxxxxx@yahoo.com),
Good news! eBay transaction is approved, buyer and seller are insured!
At seller request, we have verified all the details of this transaction. We concluded that they are accurate and item actually exists, and both parties are insured. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely.
eBay Transaction #KLW24005534444553 approved!

The following item(s) are protected in this eBay transaction:

Item Name:
Wurlitzer Jukebox + B&W Speakers

Seller:
David Leong (dav55le@gmail.com)

Item Price:
US $ 3,000.00

Payment Method: Western Union
Shipping Method:
FedEx

Current Status:
Payment Pending