rek o kut V deluxe?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

the_ducktail

rek o kut V deluxe?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am

Im about to buy a record lathe REK O KUT V DELUXE

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/reko_v_deluxe_recording_t_tabl.html

fully operational. how much is a good price for it? its just the record lathe with a few accessories.

like this one here in the forum from Simon: http://www.oemspace.co.uk/recordcutting/P1120462web.jpg

I want to know how much to pay for it? is this a good recording lathe. Im sorry to bother you all with so much and stupid questions but Im a newbie here. thanks all for your support. I promised Markrob to upload pictures as soon as I get this.[/img]

piaptk

Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:07 am

Depends on what comes with it. Does it have the silver audax head? Does it have a playback tonearm? How about extra feedscrews? In working condition, which always doubles (if not triples) the price on ebay, and judging from recent ROK auctions, id say its worth between $1000-1500. But ultimately, its worth whatever you are willing to pay for somethong as relatively rare as a fully functional record lathe.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

EmAtChapterV

Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:08 am

It also depends on what's meant by "fully functional". I have the same model of lathe. I don't recall exactly what I paid for it but it was probably on the low end of what Piaptk quoted, and it was "fully functional" in the sense that I cut modulated grooves into a blank record the first day I got it and they made vaguely musical sound. But that sound was [i]terrible[/i]. It took nine or ten months of restoration, upgrades, experimentation and practice to get it to produce good-quality recordings consistently.

the_ducktail

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 pm

thanks a lot for your answer Piaptk. it has a presto record head, dual speed 33/78 14" record lathe. The unit records/cuts records without any problems, at least that is what the seller says :) I offer 1000 usd for it and seller accepted, no tonearm or extra feedscrews at all. some accesories but nothing really useful. EmAtChapterV, thanks for your answer. I have no idea about the condition of this. but the seller says records have been cut recently with this lathe.

the_ducktail

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm

do you think its a good idea to pass on this and wait a while for a cheaper one or one in tested working condition? thanks.-

tragwag

Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

people pay twice that for a Presto 6N, just the lathe working.

If it comes with a Presto head, and is mechanically sound (the seller says it cuts even)
I would say $1000 is a fair price.

I've seen just a lathe, no head, no amp go for more than that.
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

the_ducktail

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am

thanks a lot tragwag :) I will really think about this as whit this money I also can pay some trainning courses that I need.