Pressing plant equipment

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

klikli_ska

Pressing plant equipment

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 am

Hi everyone!!

I know that it is a question that everyone had make ourself, but i'm really interested to know HOW a press, a good lathe or someone else can be get. Are there any business which are selling presses? Anyone knows if any record plant needs to sell any part of their equipment?

I am a very beginner in this zone, as you can see, but i need to know if the big-price bargain appears, what i should do!

Thanks a lot!

Kike

klikli_ska

Re: Pressing plant equipment

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 am

Yes! this is the first post i read, but i don't find WHERE (country, record company...) can i found a press...

I think it's too difficult...I have envy when I see a record company with ten or more presses!! xD

I only want a 7" press for starting!! Don't you pity me? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thanks!!

Kike

mossboss

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 pm

Hey man
The finances of running one press are impossible
Look Say you get a 7" press
You got to get steam up on the boiler so about 20-25 Euros go out the chimney stack so as to get it up to temperature
Than you want power to heat up the extruder and start your hydraulics so you can start pressing
Now lets see some simple numbers my friend
10 KW for press and extruder
3 KW hydraulics for one press
5 KW auxiliaries and parasitic power demands like lights hot water system coffee maker for the cooling tower and high pressure pump granulator lastly the record trimmer
So if you total it up you have about 18-20 KW of power demand at about 20 cents a KW/Hour= 4 Euros an hour =32 euros per day
Than you fuel bill for the boiler of at least 8 cents per record or if it will burn all day say about 60 euros for the day and another 20 that went up in the air
So a total of 112 euros per day for a one press just for energy
Now say that you have a manual press and you do 2 a minute or an auto press that does 3 a minute steady state operation
Lets say you do run for 8 hours so you will have about 240 records per hour so theoretically about 1800 records per day
Now the average run now days is about 200 records so you need about 9 stamper changes on the day
Not an impossible task but when you do that your output is about 800-100o records for a long day of say 9 hours allowing for start up time
So each 7" record eats up 50 grams of material including waste so you got say 50 KG of PVC compound
At about 2 euros a KG for the PVC we now have 100 pvc and 112 for energy = 212 euros
Rent would be about another 50 per day and a worker or owner would want say 10 euros an hour 90 euros per day plus the benefits of another 25-30% so a total of about 110
So all up we now have around the 380 euros
So all up to make 1000 x 7" records we have a total cost of 380 euros and an income of 520-600 euros on the sale of these records
A gross margin of 140-220 euros
Now we have not allowed for repairs maintenance or wear parts such as pins and bushes which add about 3 cents per record alone or any return on the capital outlay
So if we are to be fair and allow say 50 euros per day for the above we are down to about 90-170 euros margin for the day
If we do press 1000 units with stamper changes to suit say 5 titles of 200 units each
I would have thought that getting 800 units per day would be more akin to reality which would leave the plant with a very small amount or even a negative balance for the day
So why would you want or any one else for that matter want to do this???
I have always said here that unless there is a good bank balance don't do it with one or two machines as it will be a disaster as the plant is without enough capacity
Alternative of course is to do what one or two press operators do mostly!! Bootlegs as well as counterfeits charge say 1 euro each
Than you can also do some normal work and survive or make a fortune?
Thats until the authorities come down on you like the proverbial tonne of bricks
Cheers
Chris

Aussie0zborn

Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:38 pm

kike_ska wrote:! Don't you pity me? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
No not at all.

klikli_ska

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Hi Chris!

Thanks for the detailed reply. I learned so much with your money explication in every aspect. It's so saddening when you see it, but I prefer earn 20 € per day (let's be optimistic!) but enjoying what I do. I have so much illusion in learning in this way and I would like to try everything i can do.

Any advice from a small plant presser? (pleaseeee :cry: ?

I appreciate so much your advice, Chris.

Kike

klikli_ska

Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:02 pm

Aussie0zborn wrote:
kike_ska wrote:! Don't you pity me? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
No not at all.

xDD

klikli_ska

Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:24 am

Thanks for the videos, alein12. I've seen it million times!! jejejje

In those videos can see semi-authomatic presses,but i can't see the trade or model...can someone tell to me?

About this question, what is the money range of the common presses? From the cheapest semi-authomatic to the completely authomatic (i understand it like Alpha Toolex).

Thanks!

Kike

alein12

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:01 am

Hey man don't worry, a lot of these guys on here are heather's. IF YOUR SERIOUS GO FOR IT YOU CAN FIND PRESS FOR A GOOD PRICE I KNOW WHERE THERE ARE SOME PRESSES IN MIAMI. I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH

mossboss

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 am

There is a sticky here that tells you all about it man setting up a pressing plant OK,
Now it is not the presses but all the peripherals that eat up all the $$$$ €€€£££ whatever it is you prefer
A press can be had for around 10-25 k it all depends on condition as well as moulds that go with it
A set of moulds in the EU will cost you about 4k euro and about the same in the USA in dollars
As for the rest like air compressors cooling tower piping and electrical as a rule of thumb it is local prices that will determine the cost
Have alook at the sticky study it and when you work it all out and have the required $$$££££€€€€ let us know here we can provide you all the presses you want so as to be the king of the game man
Cheers
Chris

mossboss

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 am

alein12 wrote:Hey man don't worry, a lot of these guys on here are heather's. IF YOUR SERIOUS GO FOR IT YOU CAN FIND PRESS FOR A GOOD PRICE I KNOW WHERE THERE ARE SOME PRESSES IN MIAMI. I WILL KEEP IN TOUCH
So when you do put your hands on them just let us all know as there are others who are looking for them as well
Cheers
Chris

klikli_ska

Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Chris! Thanks for your reply.

I supose that you're refering to this post:

http://lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3142&sid=c27eb623246c397336a58c04ab176532

But I'd like to ask if anyone has a completed form, with prices (more or less; it's only a price reference for me...)

I'm looking for the different parts price, but it's a little bit difficult for me. Sorry, i'm a very begginer...

If someone can give me any price reference, i would appreciate it so much.

Thanks a lot.

Kike

mossboss

Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:00 pm

If you where to set up a plant as described in this very sticky you will not be getting any change out of $ 120,000 dollars
That will make the plant viable so as to stay alive with two presses running at least a long day of about 10 hours taking in about 8-9 production hours
If you want to add galvanic s and a cutting lathe than add another $30-80 k depends on the lathe you get as well as the baths you require about 4 and a pre plate pair of baths
Say a mid range lathe at $35k the baths another say $20 k and materials to fill them up another $$20k
Not that hard if you done it a few times
So hope this helps you along man
Cheers
Chris