Looking for experience of any kind

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Naks

Looking for experience of any kind

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 am

Hello,

I posted on here when I was 17 under another account name a few years ago asking how to start a record pressing plant. I'm two years older now and believe or not, I don't have my own plant yet :mrgreen: I am interested in for working for someone in this field. I'd really love the opportunity to do any work I could get. If all you need is someone to sweep the floors, consider me an enthusiastic janitor. I'm most interested in disk cutting. If you do lathe cuts or mastering and want some free assistance please let me know.

I'm in Tennessee right now but I'd be willing to move for a good opportunity

I've read Larry Boden's book and done lots of lurking on here, but I don't have much knowledge yet. Please help me get more!

Thanks,
Noah Weaver

JLenahan2

Re: Looking for experience of any kind

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:22 pm

Noah,

You should decide on whether you want pressing experience or cutting experience as most pressing plants don't do their own cutting. Welcome to 1979 is a company in Nashville that only does cutting and United Pressing in Nashville is the pressing plant here. So do some brainstorming and choose one, as both are a long road to mastery.

John

powerstrip

Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Well i wouldn't go moving anywhere. you're in the right spot. i would go apply and start hanging out at a pressing plant or cutting house if i were you. nashville has a few places

Naks

Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:24 pm

JLenahan2, like I said I'm most interested in working with lathes, but I'm looking for any opportunities in either field. I'll have to try to contact the guys at Welcome To 1979 again. They had a summit recently that I would have loved to attend but I couldn't afford it.

Thanks for the responses!