RCA Victor Model MI-12701

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Techie

Re: RCA Victor Model MI-12701

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Yes, I have one. It seems to be very similar to the Presto K series. It runs only at 78RPM. I had a new rubber roller built by Jerry's Rubber Rollers. I'm going to see if I can have a 2nd one made to run at 45RPM and see how it goes.

The material used to isolate motor rumble from the cutter has hardened from age, so I improvised some neoprene gaskets and it makes a difference.
Let me know if you have any questions. With reasonable expectations, I'm very happy with it. I don't know when mine was manufactured, but I found an ad for this model in a magazine from 1939.

The microphone input is obsolete. West Tech made an adapter for me, but I don't think they are doing business any longer. I see on this illustration there is a 1/4 inch plug next to the mic input - I don't think mine has that, so maybe it's an alternate input that would work . I don't know.

If you have any questions I'll be glad to help if I can.