FOR SALE NEUMAN SX 68 CUTTING HEAD

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

opcode66

Re: FOR SALE NEUMAN SX 68 CUTTING HEAD

Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm in no misery. Great you clenaed the outside. There could have been nothing deposited on the inside? You are positive? There are distinct gaps at the tops of the transducers. They could easily be a conduit for whatever was deposited on this head. I understand it is not metal rust. Whatever was deposited outside has more than a good chance of making it inside. That would be problematic in my opinion. Clearly not in yours or that of Paul Gold. I guess I didnt realize that you and Paul were proven experts on cutterhead service and repair.

I wouldn't pick a fight with you. I would , however, defend myself. A trait seemingly lacking by many when heavy hitters start throughing their weight around. I do not back down. I am not intimidated. I will also identify when I feel things don't add up. If you wanted to post the sale without the possibility of comments in return, you should have used eBay. This is a public forum. I can make comments. This violates no rules. Discourse also serves to educate the puclic generally. But, you would have none of that.

The head from Al Grundy advertised here in the past had no signs of neglect as this one did. It was also verified by reputable people. I made no comment on it. Check the record. I do not comment simply to do so.

By the way, the leaf spring on the base of the torque tube is made of byrillium copper. FYI

When you list an item, and say it should sell for going price, and make no indication even as to the ballpark, this is what you get in return. Going proce would apply to the Al Grundy head without quedtion. Here, not so much in my opinion. People will make assumptions about your intentions. Some misunderstanding here could have been avoided by simply properly representing the item and your expectations. Being slightly evasive allows for this type of analysis.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

sahib

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:22 am

I don't care who you are and I don't need to intimidate you. But since you mentioned that you will not be intimidated already gives me the impression that you are not so much of a heavy weight you make yourself out to be.

Your entire irritation seems due to the phrase "going price" and I explained to you what that means. So go back to my previous posts and read it again.

I don't know what Mr Grundy's item went for but obviously it was presented with certain qualifications and that was the going price for that. Mine is presented with certain qualifications and the offers I received are the going price for mine.

But what is your problem if I want to keep this transaction discrete? What obligation do I have to disclose it to you?

Now, you made your points and you do not need to repeat them over and over again.

The end.

opcode66

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:44 pm

8)
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

sahib

Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:38 am

All cool from this side too.

I shook hands with the party second in line with the lower offer. The further servicing requirement was taken into account and reflected onto the price. So I am definitely not getting my $10K and my hopes of retiring into he sunshine has once again slipped away.

I would like to thank Steve for allowing me to do this.

studiorp

Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:18 am

So it's sold ?

sahib

Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:01 am

Theoretically yes. But the transaction has not been made yet.

chaosbc

Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:10 pm

Make records not war. Peace out everybody and merry christmas
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49941863@N04/sets/72157632396669506/

studiorp

Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:08 pm

Yes, I am agree, Merry Christmas to all.
Happy cutting !

sahib

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:20 pm

This item is now sold.

ejemmons

Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:54 am

OY! Youse guys! Now you know why I don't post very often. Reminds me of AV club in High School some 40 yrs ago.
If you KNOW you're brilliant, that's fine. We can tell about that quite well through the research and development.

PERSONALITIES BE DAMNED!!!!!!!
Scully "500" with Westrex 3DIIa,
RA-1574E amps.