My Presto Gear Up For Grabs....

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Presto Repairs

My Presto Gear Up For Grabs....

Tue May 19, 2015 6:03 pm

Hi Trolls,

Due to my current situation, Ive listed some of my Presto gear on ebay... :cry:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111674912482&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111673724916&alt=web

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111673725580&alt=web

I need to rally up as much money as I can, as quickly as I can to buy a car and find a new place to live...

I am open to negotiation and reasonable offers, so if you are interested in purchasing anything - send me a P.M

Regards

Presto Repairs
Presto Repairs - Repair/Restoration service for Presto Recording Corp cutterheads and other similar styled brands such as Audax, RCA & Universal

ROLANDJAYS

Re: My Presto Gear Up For Grabs....

Tue May 19, 2015 10:21 pm

the first listing, when you say " presto 6 d record lathe"
all I see is an overhead unit.
is that all that is included ?

Presto Repairs

Wed May 20, 2015 6:16 am

OK.... I'll get technical and I will revise the ebay ad...

What I have advertised is actually a Presto 116-E overhead mechanism which was standard on the 6-D

It also comes with the 170-A vertical damper, 15-C feedscrew and spiraling crank

I dont know the part number for the 240 lpi feedscrew...

No turntable included...

For buy it now... I will throw in a newport precision height adjustable platform which enables the overhead to be easily fitted to a variety of turntables... I will also include a 10 watt altec mono amplifier...

If you are interested in just the overhead - Make me an offer...
Presto Repairs - Repair/Restoration service for Presto Recording Corp cutterheads and other similar styled brands such as Audax, RCA & Universal

Presto Repairs

Wed May 20, 2015 6:25 am

Photos of the platform and amp...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Presto Repairs

Fri May 22, 2015 6:27 am

The lathe has been sold.... The cutterheads are still available...

If you are genuinely interested in purchasing - Send me a P.M...

Podorvanov

Fri May 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Hooray, it is now mine. Many thanks to the seller. It now remains to wait when it comes to me. Atleast I hope have time to buy and a cutting head. In the meantime, I will try with his kind of Soviet manufacture.

Presto Repairs

Sun May 24, 2015 6:14 pm

The Presto 1-D has been sold...

There are 2 x presto 1-C cutters left...

I am considering offering free shipping on them... send me a P.M if you are interested in purchasing....

I've decided to continue with on with repair/rebuild services... I am not able to take any orders for the next 2 weeks as I will be relocating.... From there on it will be all systems go...

Gus

Sun May 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Last edited by Gus on Sun May 24, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gus

Sun May 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Gus wrote:
Presto Repairs wrote: I've decided to continue with on with repair/rebuild services... I am not able to take any orders for the next 2 weeks as I will be relocating.... From there on it will be all systems go...
Great news, Keep on!

Presto Repairs

Tue May 26, 2015 1:35 am

Hi Trolls,

Everything has been sold...

Thankyou to everyone for showing your support through this difficult time in my life...

I now have just enough capital raised to pay for a couple months rent and to buy a cheap car...

Within the next couple weeks I will have settled in and will resume taking repair orders

I have also managed to be able to keep a hold of my Presto 75-A record lathe which I will continue to rebuild and hopefully be able to resume cutting sometime in the future...

Once again, A big thankyou to everyone... "The dream isn't dead yet"

Regards

Presto Repairs

Presto Repairs

Tue May 26, 2015 7:51 am

Trolls there has been a change in circumstance....

I still have 1 Presto 1-C cutter available...

I removed the cutter from ebay and i was holding onto the cutter for a member in good faith, but I was just asked by that member to lie on the customs declaration so I have refused to sell the cutter to that member...

Lying on a customs declaration to avoid paying duties owed to a government authority is illegal and I under no circumstances will take part in such activity...

I wont mention who the member is, but I will state here and now, that I will not tolerate such behaviour...

The cutter is about to be re listed on ebay for $350 AUD and i will be offering free shipping worldwide...

I maybe in need of money, but I will not even attempt to obtain it illegally....