Scam : Universal Record Lathe on Ebay - It's Back!

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Soulbear

Scam : Universal Record Lathe on Ebay - It's Back!

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:41 am

Hi Trolls,
Don't be suckered by the latest Ebay Listing of a "Universal Record Lathe Turntable Western Electric Era"

Last week it was listed with the same photos allegedly for sale from ebay user "fdracula110" who's account had been hijacked.
Now it's listed for sale from "Soeren2000dog" who I'm guessing, has similarly had his ebay account hijacked.
Caveat Emptor :-
"The principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made"
Take Care
:wink: :P :D Soulbear

EpicenterBryan

Re: Scam : Universal Record Lathe on Ebay

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:52 pm

When that scammer hijacks an account he lists about 1500 items all at once. Everything from Musical instruments to golf carts to recording gear like Studers. And always lists hi end audio gear like Mcintosh tube amplifiers. Most have a $0.01 starting bid and he always puts a buy it now price in text that is in a graphic so the actual text can't be scanned by E-bay. He always lists an e-mail address where he wants the money sent.

Anytime I see something like that I click "see other items from this seller" and there is the same crazy 1500 items. If I have a few minutes I click "report item" on some of the most ridiculous items and E-bay shuts the whole list down.

Do it some time. It's pretty fun to ruin his scheme.