Buying a T560

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Playdoughboy

Buying a T560

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:33 am

Hi all,

I’ve been emailing back and forth with Souri about buying a T560. His last response was more dates to come. Is that typically how he works? Also, wanted to ask people who use the T560 what kind of vacuums they use.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,
Dimitri

Stevie342000

Re: Buying a T560

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:58 am

Yes roughly he was that way with me he is very happy to communicate, to a point. It turns out that he is testing to see if you are worthy of him selling to you, as he only sells to whom he wants. That was my experience and at some point he will cease communication.

My other advice is to search this forum and read every or most threads specifically the ones talking of the above or other issues. You may think that that is all sour grapes but I am not alone.

iamtasha

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:18 pm

That’s exactly how he works. It is well worth persevering though as it is a brilliant day of learning when you get there.

As far as pumps are concerned I initially bought the more expensive that Souri provided, have tried a few others but keep returning to it. It’s the most reliable and not too noisey. Especially since I built an easy MDF and foam sound proofing enclosure for it.

Good luck!

Playdoughboy

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:51 am

So we’re buying one next weekend and need to figure out a way to get it to California. Any tips? Those who bought a t560 from Souri, how did you manage to get it home?

handcut

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 am

The final activity of the day is crating-up everything for shipping. The size of crate depends on the type of vacuum you choose and obviously how much kit you buy beyond the starter set. You may be better off getting the more expensive vac pump as it is significantly smaller than the 'shop vac and air freight is usually calculated by volumetric measurement as well as weight. If I were buying the system over again, I would turn down the amplifier in favour of a different one, maybe one you already have back home (wink wink). Some people have managed to come away with the precision platter and possibly the motor. If your negotiation and diplomacy skills are up to it, you should get them. Just my 2 pennies...

Enjoy yourself, it's a beautiful part of the world. Excellent food, some of the best beer in the world... shockingly bad tea though.

iamtasha

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:46 pm

I would definitely say go for the more expensive vacuum.

After trialling various home 'hoovers' and some other industrial ones Souri's has been the most reliable. It is small but does weigh a tonne!

Enjoy!

Babooino

Tue May 29, 2018 10:10 am

handcut wrote:The final activity of the day is crating-up everything for shipping. The size of crate depends on the type of vacuum you choose and obviously how much kit you buy beyond the starter set. You may be better off getting the more expensive vac pump as it is significantly smaller than the 'shop vac and air freight is usually calculated by volumetric measurement as well as weight. If I were buying the system over again, I would turn down the amplifier in favour of a different one, maybe one you already have back home (wink wink). Some people have managed to come away with the precision platter and possibly the motor. If your negotiation and diplomacy skills are up to it, you should get them. Just my 2 pennies...

Enjoy yourself, it's a beautiful part of the world. Excellent food, some of the best beer in the world... shockingly bad tea though.

Yeah! Excelent food! Souri is nice! Fritz too!

djnemesis

Tue May 29, 2018 10:17 am

Playdoughboy wrote:Hi all,

I’ve been emailing back and forth with Souri about buying a T560. His last response was more dates to come. Is that typically how he works? Also, wanted to ask people who use the T560 what kind of vacuums they use.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Regards,
Dimitri

Yeah he seems a little bit strange for someone whos selling things. Ive bought one already and i didnt use it for a couple of years, and now it seems like when i ask him a question to fix it, which means more money for him cos i have to buy his blanks etc its like theres a conspiracy going on hahah.
It cuts amazingly once working, but when mine was dismantled and shipped back to trhe UK. ive never had it working since.

He doesnt realise that things that are second nature to him, arnt as easy to the people that have seen something for the 1st time ever haha