FREE Vacuum Pump

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

grooveguy

FREE Vacuum Pump

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:54 pm

Can someone use this?

Some time ago I ran across this item in an eBay listing:
Snap3.jpg
...and wondered if it had applicability to our hobby. So I bought one and found that it did, indeed, provide plenty of suction. The only drawback is that it runs off 12 volts DC and pulls about 10 amps when it's running... that's 120 watts. Well, no big deal, you say; yeah, me too. I bought one of those 12V, 12A switchmode power supplies common to computer applications, but the pump wouldn't start. But hook the pump across a car battery and it runs like a top. I figure it pulls more than 12A when starting, but didn't have the time or the need to go any further with this.

So I'm offering it to anyone on the group who'd be willing to spring for the shipping charges, which in the continental US is $16.10 by USPS Priority Mail. If interested contact me by PM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.