My Shank recommendation !

Links to helpful record-lathe-oriented services (repair, equipment) and their websites.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

emidisc

My Shank recommendation !

Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Just plug for My Shank diamond stylus & blanks !
Over the last number of years I've cut on my BSR lathe old dubs, brand new dubs & embossed or impressed on many many PVC, Polycarbonate & Polystyrene discs with Saphire and steel stylus all with mixed results,
Recently I decided to bite the Bullit & purchase a Diamond stylus & blanks after a little research I decided on MyShank.
I am incredibly impressed with not only the service but also the product, I must point out I am in no way connected to the business or the proprietor, so far I have cut a number of silent grooves and three or four sides of music with excellent results that I expect will improve even more with a little tweaking & practice but I am already getting excellent volume and tracking,
So I will keep you posted but so far very impressed.

Emidisc

ejemmons

Re: My Shank recommendation !

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:36 pm

May I add my voice to the above? I have been using MyShank for a couple of years, and despite the murderous shipping to the US, the products and service are beyond reproach. M. Chouet is tops!
Scully "500" with Westrex 3DIIa,
RA-1574E amps.

The Shank

Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:50 am

Hey guys!

Thank you for that thread! I guess after such feedback I can take my few rest days in peace ;)

I think I have to thank most of you, coming from that place (I mean the forum) and from all over the world and who are supporting me since
I've decided to work for that vinyl game. It's far to be easy every day, but trust me, we always do our best for all of you.
We are now 3 people in the company, and 2 others are coming soon. I'm looking for a diamond grinder here for some other work (tool maker) since we've been contracted from several company.

Many many important project are coming too... from the stylus to the blank trough the lathes of course.

So again: many thanks TO YOU!

Steven.
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

SueDenim

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 am

Well done Stephen and bonne vacances! :D

monogoblin

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:01 pm

First post here, but have to agree that MyShank is beyond reproach! We love you Steven!