MULCHEFYE EXCLUSIVE

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

What are the chances one of u guys will make a 7 inch colored 45 out of this track to blow my mind with?

good
No votes
maybe
No votes
yeah right
100%

Total votes: 2

Mulchefye

MULCHEFYE EXCLUSIVE

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 pm

Exclusive track recorded in honor of https://lathetrolls.com KUDOS STEVE!

***PARENTAL ADVISORY***
Strong language

Mulchefye - The Secret Society of Lathe Trolls
http://soundcloud.com/mulchefye/mulchefye-the-secret-society

I want your Rec-O-Kut I know you got Rec-O-Kut
I got lotsa Mulchefye to kut
Im a sell the records an Ill give u a kut

Saw Rec-O-Kut youtube.com/watch?v=jhnQEogFI4k

Straight to vinyl from my laptop live this m@th&rf@#ker grinds in 45
Me hafe get me hand pon dat me no blood klaat care fe it brok or not
"Music is the Key to the Universe."
-Rats 2012-

jukeboxje

nice to see

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 am

that rec-o-cut lathe.
i gote the same here wich i buyed a year of 12 ago on ebay.
i recapped the amp and set it on 45 rpm.
machine works nice.

Aussie0zborn

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:36 am

Not bad at all. I was afraid it was going to be a shitty rap or something but I like it. Great style.

Mulchefye

Thank you

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:53 pm

for your kind words...now GIMME yer REC-o-KUT
-Rats 2012-

Mulchefye

Lemme rephrase that...

Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 am

Mulchefye wrote:for your kind words...now GIMME yer REC-o-KUT
i have noticed a distinct improvement in mp3 quality over the last ten years, the quality is now excellent. When the Great Fire happened and took my Dog and Cat, it not only took them but also took all my gear, my guitars (all 11 of them) and all my Masters of my personal recordings i have been working on since 2003...luckily i had uploaded all masters to the net in mp3, and i now have archived enough of it into this new laptop to burn a double-album...i am now building a new Studio with my friend KwesidUb (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmRKoEov3gc) and i got 6 guitars now and pianos and speakers, man i am getting everything back bit by bit. What i was hoping is that one of u guys might be willing to cut or press the vinyl version of the Mulchefye album when it comes out...like the song says, i will "cut" u in on it lol...also, if anyone has a cutter they would be willing to sell cheap, working or not but preferrably working, not only would u be helping me out but u would be helping to launch Shakehouse Circus Studios, a studio that will be geared towards recording good bands that cant afford studio time. Any help on this project would be appreciated.
-Rats 2012-

Mulchefye

Re: MULCHEFYE EXCLUSIVE

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:39 pm

is been awhile but guess what; my friend Tex Lavallee, Quebec country music legend, has been hoarding equipment and instruments since the 40s and he has not 1 but TWO of these things, and he is going to sell me one for a lousy 300$...the model he is selling me is capable of grinding in all 3 speeds but there are a few tech issues he has discussed with me, which i really need to talk to u guys about...apparently the one that cuts all 3 speeds is without a body or amplifier. i still have my old schorched-in-a-house-fire Victrola circa 1950s and what i am wondering is if it is possible to wire up the tube amp in my Victrola to run the cutting head...cuz the box is the right size i suspect, and it is gonna look nice sanded and varnished...Tex said not to pump more than 5 watts into the cutting head, so im either gonna use the tube amp or a tape deck (which would probably be better cuz tape decks have VU meters) to run the cutting head...at any rate as soon as it is in my studio im gonna start making vidz documenting its restoration so stay tuned to this thread....i have been DREAMING of this for many moons, and now i have MANIFESTED it into my reality! i am soooo EXITED i have a BONER
-Rats 2012-

Mulchefye

Re: MULCHEFYE EXCLUSIVE

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:19 am

HE FINALLY GAVE THEM TO ME! BOTH of THEM!!! Tex Lavallee ROCKS! Gay/Recordio both of em from what i can tell, mono cutting heads, diamond Astatics...FINALLY i have 2 RECORD CUTTERS! i am including video here for u guys cuz i really dont wanna try anything till i have a couple of questions answered....i DID IT! WOO HOO im so exited man! the mechanics of this thing r waaay simpler than i thought but as i ask in the Video, i wonder if i should grease them? please u guys gimme some feedback! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEXANwh1Ar8 like i say inna vid, i really dont know what the hell i am doing
-Rats 2012-