$10.00 new cutting needles ebay

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

piaptk

Re: $10.00 new cutting needles ebay

Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Also, I would just like to put out there, that while Jerry and I have gone through a few batches of dud needles trying to find the right formula, I am pretty confident we have found it! With the lighter fluid, and his current process (he has gone through MANY different experiments to get here), I am getting stellar results.

Lower surface noise, easier to use, better tracking than I usually had with backward sapphire styli. I have been running three lathes using Jerry's needles exclusively for the last 2 weeks, and it has really been a game changer for me. I'm much happier with the product I am producing. I would almost venture to say I am approaching Peter King's gold standard. If you've ever heard some of Peter's more recent work (he had hits and misses in the past), you know how good it can sound. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm much closer, and feeling much more pride in the records I send people.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

woodrat123

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm just about to try a test cut with my home built embossing lathe. I'm using a 2.0mm tungsten electrode from my tig welder
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388365767.073688.jpg
its screwed in with a small brass electrical connector. They're a bit harder to sharpen but should last longer than steel hopefully - fingers crossed for the test run. Very excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stevie342000

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:40 pm

I just got my two tips today and got much better results in cutting a groove, will pop off to get some lexan at the end of the month and a heat lamp to heat the cutting surface up during cutting.

As the cutting notes said I got a bit more noise when first starting to cut, then I increased depth and got a much better depth of cut. Very happy with them they allow me to get the basics of cutting sorted out before going for a jewelled cutter.

audadvnc

Tue May 13, 2014 12:07 am

Do you have an embossing stylus that would fit the Westrex 3DII head?

morrisjer

Tue May 13, 2014 12:19 am

audadvnc wrote:Do you have an embossing stylus that would fit the Westrex 3DII head?
I have 7/16 inch around for Presto/Rek-o-kuting heads which should fit your head??? I assume cones for polycarbonate cutting?

Cheers,

Jerry Tate

Fela Borbone

Tue May 13, 2014 9:39 am

Hi!
I tryed the triangle stylii (intended for cutting) mounted backwards , vertical,for embossing/indenting, as I'm not able to tilt the head.
On lexan policarbonate gives a very silent (when not modulated) groove, even whitout heating stylus nor blank.
Good traceability ,I use 2 grams playback pickup.

morrisjer

Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 pm

Hey guys,

Well, it has been over a year and half since I began selling my cutting needles on ebay. At first it was trial and error, but now with over 400 plus needles sold with them still at $10 each (with an exception or my newer site on ebay for Tungsten cone needles for $15 each), I must say it has been a sobering journey and I have learned a lot. I have made improvements on my cones and my triangles, and I must say that I am very proud that in some way I may have contributed to a life long desire to make a difference in an art that is thankfully still with us--Lathe Cutting!

Jerry

socialroots

Tue May 26, 2015 12:25 am

righteous thing your doing, big bang for your bucks for sure!

the_ducktail

Wed May 27, 2015 7:59 am

Hey, I got a rek o kut lathe,

http://lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4141&p=35267&hilit=finally+i+got+lathe#p35267

Im doing some lacquer cuts with lots of hiss, Can I emboss with my rek o kut? will be better?
Im buying some polycarbonate discs to save my lacquers for my own music. Are those polycarbonate discs just for embossing?

Best Regards
Richie,-