Presto Rebuild Kits on Ebay

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Presto Repairs

Presto Rebuild Kits on Ebay

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:43 am

Hi Trolls,

Along with cutterhead repairs I now am offering parts on ebay...

My 1st listing is for a rebuild kit for Presto 1-C & 1-D cutters

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Presto-1-C-Presto-1-D-Record-Cutter-Rebuild-Kits/251893615474?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131017132637%26meid%3D7de3976ea9084fbba4f95ca73779d29c%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D251893615474

Also, If you have another brand of head that you would like rebuilt - send me a P.M
Presto Repairs - Repair/Restoration service for Presto Recording Corp cutterheads and other similar styled brands such as Audax, RCA & Universal

rsimms3

Re: Presto Rebuild Kits on Ebay

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:10 am

Very interested to see the kit, but link isn't working. Could you list what is included in the kit here?

Presto Repairs

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:32 pm

Sorry Trolls,

I am in the process of re doing the ad as well as dress up the about me page... Stay tuned!

The kits consist of the following...

2 x Teflon spooled voice coils, 1x Brass damping set ( 2 discs with 4 screws), 2 x Damping blocks (1 Neoprene / 1 Silicone), 1 x Stylus screw damping dot, 1 x Stylus sheath & 1 Pair of cloth covered lead wires (600mm long)

I'll upload some photos when I get home tonight...
Presto Repairs - Repair/Restoration service for Presto Recording Corp cutterheads and other similar styled brands such as Audax, RCA & Universal

Presto Repairs

Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:01 am

Photos as promised,

The only item not pictured is the stylus sheath (the thin rubber sheet at the bottom of the cutter that the stylus pokes through)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

45rpmdude

Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:18 am

i dont understand,, Whats the screw moutning thing for. Are these kits avaiable, and whats the price of the kit. What guage magnet wire will fitt,, i mean does it come with magnet wire all spooled..

And whats the going rate.. is it cheaper then 65.00 dallars.????

i thought the damper went through the platics thing. i could understand why it didnt have holes.. my bad.

Presto Repairs

Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:11 am

45rpmdude wrote:i dont understand,, Whats the screw moutning thing for. Are these kits avaiable, and whats the price of the kit. What guage magnet wire will fitt,, i mean does it come with magnet wire all spooled..

And whats the going rate.. is it cheaper then 65.00 dallars.????

i thought the damper went through the platics thing. i could understand why it didnt have holes.. my bad.

Being easter I am busy with family events so the kits will be available from the end of next week... Ive been busy over the past couple days rebuilding a customers cutter and I completely forgot to get bags + padded mailing pouches.

There will be an introductory price of $100 AUD for the first lot of kits listed, once the first lot are sold there will be an increase....

This introductory price is what I normally charge for the 2 coils alone... I'm not just winding coils - I am manufacturing these parts out of metal, plastic and rubber which takes time and money...

$65 Might cover a single coil kit for heads like Audax & RCA, Which I may consider doing if there is a big enough demand and I accumulate enough original parts to replicate...

The stylus screw damping dot is mounted on the front of the cutters cover and the screw pokes through it...

The damping parts are all virgin, They are not pierced unless requested by the customer

The voice coils are wound with 32 AWG, The wire coating is rated to 200°C and the teflon spools are rated to 260°C

Presto Repairs

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:29 am

Jesus H Chrysler

Fri May 01, 2015 6:03 pm

I'd like to try it. I made my own voice coils when mine burnt, but I don't think they're nearly as nice as yours. I was listening to some older cuts yesterday and was shocked by how much louder they were than my more recent ones.
would you prefer I use the ebay link, or deal with you directly and cut out the middleman?