Double groove / "hidden track" cut needed

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

St.Roch

Double groove / "hidden track" cut needed

Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello All,
I'm looking for someone who can do a double groove or "hidden track" cut for me. This is not to be confused with a roulette cut (or horse race, puzzle record cut). What I'm looking for is 2 individual tracks cut on the same side of a record. There is one primary track which will start the album, and a secondary or hidden track cut next to this track. One would manually have to pick up the stylus and drop it on this secondary track to hear it. This "hidden" track doesn't start at the beginning of the side, but inwards a bit more, so the stylus wouldn't be able to catch on it at the outer edge. Thankfully, tracks are short in duration. The primary track is an ambient track and the secondary track is an actual "song". The ambient track can be altered to achieve the desired cut if necessary. Any interest or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to making this interesting cut and album release. Thanks so much!

piaptk

Re: Double groove / "hidden track" cut needed

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Aardvarkmastering.com can do this easily.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

St.Roch

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:13 pm

Yes, I have been in touch with Paul at Aardvark. I lined up this project for him to do. However, he seems to have disappeared and hasn't returned my emails, or phone calls in quite some time. It seems quite odd, I hope nothing bad has happened. I'm not quite sure what's going on his end so I'm currently looking for someone else who would be interested in this project.

opcode66

Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:59 pm

When do you need it done?
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

St.Roch

Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:35 pm

Well, the sooner the better. I'm not looking for a miracle and I know these specialty cuts can be delicate. Honestly, I'm just looking for someone who is qualified and will do a great job. Give a fair and reasonable price with a fair and reasonable time line. There is no release date as of now because I've already lost about 5 weeks on the time schedule trying to co-ordinate the cut.

Greg Reierson

Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:44 am

How long are the audio pieces? What size and speed? Is this the only thing on the side or are there other songs as well?
Greg Reierson
http://www.RareFormMastering.com
VMS70 :: SAL74B :: SX74