AUCTION: Apollo celebrates 10 years of Lathe Trolls

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

AUCTION: Apollo celebrates 10 years of Lathe Trolls

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:03 am

Our friends at Apollo are helping us celebrate 10 years of Lathe Trolls with a special site promo, which might work out conveniently for you (if you are a US customer).

Check here on Monday, July 6, at Noon on US Eastern Daylight Savings Time (=New York time) for the details!

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Apollo celebrates 10 years of Lathe Trolls: Tues, Noon E

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:56 am

Ulp! Sorry, we are delaying this exactly 24 hours....we want to make sure we have the wording right. So....check back Tuesday noon! We promise!!

Steve E.
Site Admin

Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Dear Lathe Trolls,

As you know, this month marks the 10-year anniversary of this chat forum.

Our friends at Apollo are showing their appreciation for the community with a couple of special Site Fundraisers.  (I'm trying it a little differently this time....let's see if we can avoid the complications of eBay.)

This week, they are contributing to the site (for US-Lathe Trolls only):

*One Box of 25 fresh 14-inch Apollo OR Transco Lacquer Masters. (Acetate recording blanks for mastering--your choice of which type.)

*This Box will be "won" by the first person who pledges a contribution of $825 or more to the site, and then is confirmed as the winner.

Important!!!! Please Private Message your intentions to me. Don't just send a contribution!!!  I can only do this for one bidder.  Wait to hear from me, confirming you as the winner.  Then we will work out the details.

*This contributor will also receive a 10% discount off any additional Apollo or Transco lacquer products purchased at the same time, ordered from Apollo, to go along with this shipment. (Styli are excluded from the discount, because there's a different discount program in place for them.) Apollo will ship this and the onetime 10% discount order to the winner of the bid, for no shipping charge (UPS ground shipping – US only). The standard Apollo product guarantees apply.

The funds from this promotion will go towards keeping the Secret Society of Lathe Trolls site running.  (They will buy me some much needed time for programming upgrades, including creating a much more workable blog system for the site.)

Keep in mind that the value (=worth) of the promotion may be higher to you if you intend to use that 10% off of a large additional order to Apollo.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can verify the offer details with Sam at Apollo.

And with that.....PM away!

Steve E.
Site Admin

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:54 am

Nobody has bit yet. I am going to wait through Monday, and then I will go the eBay auction route like last year. It just seems a little wasteful and inefficient for the site to use eBay for this, because the auctions always max out the same. ;) And it's the same as what we are offering, except that eBay holds the money for a month, then grabs a big cut of it.

If you think you _might_ be a contender for the lacquers, please buzz me by private message. If you have questions or concerns, ask away.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:58 pm