Scam/Estafa/Trapaça: Angulo, Tangential, Mejía, Vortex Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4, C-6

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

The Shank

Re: Scam warning: Angulo Records

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:33 am

Sapphir for PVC cutting ok... Mass has been said.
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

markrob

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:37 am

Hi,

Sorry to see you were scammed by this individual. I did want to correct you on your thinking about power handling for a typical moving coil head. No head DIY or professional can handle 500 watts continuously. Even pro heads are limited to something on the order of 10 Watts dissipation on a continuous basis. You need a large power reserve to be able to accelerate the mass during fast transients. That in no way makes up for the poorly constructed mess you received.

Mark

jesusfwrl

Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:49 am

Mark, I am aware of this. It was his specification claiming the 9.5 amps of current for 10 seconds and he mentioned the head to me even in his invoice as a 500 W rms cutter head. For a cutter head advertised with such specs, I would at least expect some sturdy purpose made coils instead of a a pair of crappy tweeters.
I don't know what to make of this to be honest as it sounds highly unrealistic. I should have picked up on this earlier before sending him any money and I should have realised that the specs are too optimistic to be true. This would normally be more than enough to get me suspicious. Some moments of not thinking this through properly ended up being very expensive... :(
I was definitely stupid enough to buy this head in the first place and for some reason the normally sensitive alarm bells in my brain did not ring this time. But, this does not justify thiefs in scamming people. If I would have been more careful I would have probably realised this before sending him any money. I guess after this experience honest people selling real heads will just have to put up with me asking 10 times more questions before buying anything again...
~~~ Precision Mechanical Engineering, Analog Disk Mastering ~~~
Agnew Analog Reference Instruments: http://www.agnewanalog.com

Jolyman

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:52 pm

best topic ever.

opcode66

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:25 am

Even the solder job is horrible.

That is an Apollo made Transco sapphire stylus.

I think Angulo is really someone else. I think I know their name. They kept bugging me to supply them with diamonds. Their "friend" would be in Miami, Fl. This person wanted me to send them styli via their "friend" in Miami. Now, recently, I have someone in Miami contacting me directly.

The person who I think Angulo is has a record label page with a very suspicious name. Steve E. has been given the information I have. There are videos on this person's page and on their label page of this cutterhead on what appears to be a Vinyl Recorder setup. The playback videos are all fake. In my opinion.

My 2 cents.

Other than that, the physics behind producing vertical motion are not implemented in this design. This might make some sound in grooves. Maybe. Nothing I would want to listen to. Certainly would be loosing something on the order of 60% or more of the stereo information with very little vertical happening.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

Jolyman

Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:36 pm

Opcode666 !

Todd, I wrote you once asking for a diamond stylus tip.
I have a record label called "Reco-Head Records", this name has nothing to do with cutting Heads.
I was in Miami last week.
I'm from South America, but I'm from Brazil.
I've built a DIY head based on a topic on this site .... but it sucked !!!
And the videos about it are in my "Reco-Head" youtube page .... Cutted in my Neumann but the tests (real tests) were made on my Vinyl Recorder Setup.

Or we a having lots of coincidences about your "suspect", or you think I'm Angulo.

Cheers

Arthur Joly (Recomaster.com) (Vinyl-lab.net) (www.recohead.com.br)

opcode66

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:15 am

Not you my friend.
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones

Vice Fiori

Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:27 am

ahaha, nah.. Jolyman is not "our guy" Angulo, he's living close as me in Brazil, and i must say, he's making a amazing job with cutter and master, help me a lot with cutter and give me an up and reason to come back to the analog mix/master...

Angulo is a guy from argentina, and thank god I'm not make business with this guy and come to get the machine...

About the formula, another user from this forum told here about: "the blanks come all warped and i dont like much the formula"
Who said about the "chemical product": well, give up man, and think the basic.. the reeeally basic with me:

-What's make the formula? If you need cut soft on pvc and hard as a poly, i think it's something like "liquid pvc" ...
-HOW can you make SURE your restored record get a thin and perfect formula applied, with no " wooble or warp"? do you see how thin and precise the lacquers are made? with a huge machine?
-Did you see some "bubbles" on one of pictures about the chemical? now, think on this bubble hole and you stylus and BOOM, STYLUS AND CHILDHOOD DESTROYED...

I think if i need a salvation, i'll buy with myshank, everyone say about the blanks going amazing and get a long live stylus, or I'll brush my old Gretchen record until the end to make it clear and blank again, but i dont trust in that chemical..

Yeah ANGULO, I even trust your chemical and YOU, now my studio have your head as a background screen to aways remember your work.... put me in jail for that:

Vice Fiori

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:42 am

And Jesus.. about you beeing a "idiot" to buy the head.. i dont think so, you're going about what you read and what you SEE, and receive another think totally different, with coins inside to compensate weight..

Come on, a coin inside a box? whats next, put a interrogation sticker and smash the head box to feel like a Mario?

mossboss

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:55 pm

I am now 100% confused
Been following this thread, read most if not all, replies etc
Now this last post Got me
I am trying to figure out if he is with angulo against angulo or in the middle ??
I need some help on this guys or this thread,
May be we go Va Fangulo In Italian, close enough to Angulo He He
Cheers
Chris

The Shank

Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:52 pm

* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

Vice Fiori

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:07 pm

Mossboss, nah.. it's impossible he's going to be kind with angulo...

But.. HEY KIDS, WHAT IS A PLASTIC BOX WITH A COIN INSIDE?
A Mariangulo cutter head! yaaaaaaay...

Now.. really, i'll stop with it, this is a serious topic, I must need to resist this piece of sh... art...

The Shank

Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha

* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

Steve E.
Site Admin

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:05 pm

jesusfwrl wrote: Another interesting observation is the similarity between Angulos specifications and the specifications published by VMSPoland in the past. Who copied who? Or, are you the same guy?
You are really underestimating us, Angulo.
You are damaging your own reputation more and more.
That IS interesting....I'd like to see those specs side by side.

It is interesting that as this thread flared up, I got another email "legal" threat from Joanna to take down the VMSPoland threads, even though those have not been very active as of late. I think it is a distinct possibility that these projects are connected--especially as there is evidence to suggest that VMSPoland wasn't Polish-speaking at all.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:07 pm

jesusfwrl wrote:
1. -system Depression angle transducer 45/45, degrees:
yes, depression has really kicked in since I saw this head in real life...
Comedy gold....or tragicomedy gold, at least....

opcode66

Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm

It is entirely possible that similarities exist only because we unwittingly educated Angulo. The work itself seems very different. The descriptions might have been forged from reading VMSPoland's. What I'm trying to say is that by exposing VMSPoland we may have created Angulo. We are giving scammers all the data they need...

I'm not naming any names. Never doing that again. Just know that I know that you are up to something my friend South of me who is clearly involved in all this.

Oh yes, this is serious thread. Serious cat says so.

So does deep dreem serious cat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dimi751

Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:28 pm

Comedy Central ha ha ha :D what a joke!

Jesus should be getting a refund out of good will!

Newbys including me, double check who you are dealing with on this forum before spending
You hard earn cash.

Stick with reputable suppliers If your not sure if the seller is legit ask someone on the forum
That's been a long time member Pm them if your not sure.

jesusfwrl

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:06 am

When I was asking around about Angulo, I was left with the impression that he had been selling his products for nearly 10 years but that nobody in Europe or the USA that anybody knows of has tried them. I am now seeing that his own website only seems to exist since 2 years or so. Does anybody know for how long he is really been around for?

If he only started 2 years ago, it is very likely that he was educated here. But if he has been around for a decade, then probably he just wasn't educated at all and still had a go at it anyway. In that case, he was probably just happy to finally find some specifications to copy some years ago.

The vmspoland specifications were pretty close the original specs of the SX 74 cutter head,in numbers, the numbers were different to Angulos specs, but the wording in bad English was almost identical, as far as I can remember.

Vice Fiori

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:13 am

Angulo make his dream come true something like 2012, 2014,
I really dont know why you buy from him, he talk good with you? because with me, his first talk make me send him to hell...

I seei the vmspoland heads... and i see the first head mount, it's not like a vestax cutter head, IT IS a vestax cutter head, and the old version by the way...
Even the head mount (trackn arm) it's a vestax

I know because i have a vrx 2000 and i disassemble all the machine, and clean my heads, disassembly all of then to make adjusts, and that is the same head, but from an older version come from vmspoland...

BTW.. i think a vestax head work better compare with this piece of sh... beauty

jesusfwrl

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:36 pm

Vice Fiori wrote: I really dont know why you buy from him, he talk good with you? because with me, his first talk make me send him to hell...
Before sending him any money, he was by far the most communicative and talkative person selling anything related to disk cutting that I have ever met in my life. This quickly changed after I got his head.

Communication doesn't do much good, tough, when the information is all fake...