Looking to Sell A Neumann Lathe

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

stanrickermastering

Looking to Sell A Neumann Lathe

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:25 pm

Hello there! I joined this society a couple days ago in order to find some interested buyers for my dad's lathe.
My name is Amber Ricker.

My father was Stan Ricker who developed half-speed mastering. He has half-speed mastered artists from the Beatles to Ray Charles to Green Day to Avenged Sevenfold--and many, many more.

We are very tight on money and wanted to sell the lathe for basically the most we can get it for--preferably to someone who would actually use it and continue cutting on it. We want the music to continue!

The lathe is a Neumann and is in excellent condition. Also, if you are a fan of Stan Ricker's mastering work, this would be THE lathe he used to produce his mastered records! If anyone is interested, please let us know a price range you think is fair. As long as you give us a *fair* price, you might just be the new owner of this historic piece of equipment!

Any interested buyers can drop me an email at remember_me923 [at] Yahoo.com. Thank you very much! :D

stanrickermastering

Re: Looking to Sell A Neumann Lathe

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:27 pm

P.S. : Any interested buyers who email me will receive all and any photos they would like of the lathe. If you are in California, you are also welcome to come look at it.

stanrickermastering

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:14 pm

Edit: I could not figure out how to edit a post, so I am just creating a new message.

After someone messaged me their advice, I realize that we should not accept any visitors to look at the lathe until further notice. We do not want just anybody to look at the lathe-- however, serious buyers may contact us for more information. We realize that this is more involved than we had previously considered and just want to protect ourselves. We are currently in contact with a broker who will help us sell it, and will update this as we move along. With that said, we are absolutely willing to send detailed and well-lit pictures of the lathe! Thank you everybody for your interest as well as cherished advice thus far!

Bonati

Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:36 am

Hey Amber - I was very sad to hear about your father's passing. I never got the chance to meet him. I knew his work and had a million questions for him. Good luck with the lathe sale - very much hoping it lands in a studio and continues cutting records.

MusicFan

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:58 am

very interested. please contact me on priv. thanks

opcode66

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:22 am

If you are interested I would contact Chris Muth since he is brokering the sale. Since talking to Chris I don't think Stan's family has been back on here. I sent them two pm's. One read, one still unread. So, don't wait for a relly here is my advice.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

MusicFan

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:46 am

yes , I am interested. Will be much obliged for your help. you can contact me on private, will give you an email.

Aussie0zborn

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:11 am

This has been sold.

Aussie0zborn

Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:12 am

This has been sold.