WTB Any Working Disc Recorder

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

fawksontherox

WTB Any Working Disc Recorder

Wed May 04, 2016 4:49 pm

Specifically sound scribers, Wilcox Gay, or the such. Most of the listings on ebay are overpriced(and not working) wondering if anyone has better deals here.

pandapolar

Re: WTB Any Working Record Lathing Machine!

Wed May 04, 2016 5:38 pm

I have a meissner thats been fully restored that id sell.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fawksontherox

Re: WTB Any Working Disc Recorder

Wed May 11, 2016 9:28 pm

I sent you a PM.

Soulbear

Thu May 12, 2016 5:24 am

Hi There Pandapolar,
Is the power supply in Oz the 50Hz 240Volts like we've got here in the U.K.? And is the Miessner set up for this 240V, 50Hz, or is it still U.S. Specification? Just a little curious :wink: :P :D Soulbear

Stevie342000

Sat May 14, 2016 1:57 am

Soulbear wrote:Hi There Pandapolar,
Is the power supply in Oz the 50Hz 240Volts like we've got here in the U.K.? And is the Miessner set up for this 240V, 50Hz, or is it still U.S. Specification? Just a little curious :wink: :P :D Soulbear
I can answer part of that the electricity supply is the same as the UK 230 volts AC at 50 Hz sorry cycles old habits die hard, personally I prefer Hertz.

Here is a list by Country found on good old Wikipedia, it is accurate in that the answer for the UK is correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country

pandapolar

Sun May 15, 2016 5:18 pm

fawksontherox wrote:I sent you a PM.
i haven't received any private message.. can you send again???

pandapolar

Sun May 15, 2016 5:19 pm

The miessner is 110V / 60 hz so either a new motor (if possible) or what i did was, i slowed the source down

Soulbear

Mon May 16, 2016 4:01 am

Hi There
pandapolar wrote:The miessner is 110V / 60 hz so either a new motor (if possible) or what i did was, i slowed the source down
Stevie342000 wrote:I can answer part of that the electricity supply is the same as the UK 230 volts AC at 50 Hz sorry cycles old habits die hard, personally I prefer Hertz.

Here is a list by Country found on good old Wikipedia, it is accurate in that the answer for the UK is correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_ele ... by_country
Thanks for that information, had it been U.K./OZ spec it could have been of interest to me, as it is, adding another layer of complexity, whilst not insurmountable, I.E. Source Speed Change or Modifying the Power Supply, makes it a less attractive proposition for me. However I'm sure it would make a great purchase for someone without these reservations, it looks great, and I'm sure it will quickly sell.
Best Regards
:wink: :P :D Soulbear

jinman

Wed May 25, 2016 10:09 pm

pandapolar wrote:
The miessner is 110V / 60 hz so either a new motor (if possible) or what i did was, i slowed the source down
Hi Pandapolar,

I've sent you a pm; hoping the meissner is still available. As an aside, if anyone is looking at this and thinking about selling a presto - I'm also interested in the 6n or the 8n. Feel free to pm - I'll be scouring ebay religiously until one pops up, haha.

Regards,
Jesse