Sugden Connoisseur back on french Leboncoin website

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

drywud

Sugden Connoisseur back on french Leboncoin website

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:00 am

Hi there is this on leboncoin.fr

https://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/984952699.htm?ca=1_s

it is the same pictures as the one that was supposed to have been sold on ebay

http://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/A-R-Sugden-Connoisseur-Record-Cutting-Lathe-1956-Neumann-EMT-Westrex-SME-BBC-/182002680754

the guy has a strange way to communicate by email. He easily lowered the price from 2000 to 1000, he says he bought it off the internet a few years ago, and tried to sell it on ebay this year.

His ad is located an hour by car away from lyon in France, when I asked him to come see the lathe because I was going to be near lyon in a few days, he finally tells me the lathe is in Denmark with him... Do you think this could not be a scam ?

Soulbear

Re: Sugden Connoisseur back on french Leboncoin website

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:28 am

Hi Drywud,
This has got the bad smell of "Rip Off" to me, AVOID!!! AVOID!!! AVOID!!!
:wink: :P :D Soulbear

Aussie0zborn

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:40 am

Sounds like a scam so far. Why not ask him to show it to you via Skype video call? Oh wait a minute - he doesn't have Skype. How about a photo? What's that - the camera on his IPhone is broken? Damn!! Just weed him out and you'll soon see if he is genuine.

chaosbc

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:56 am

Sounds like a scam indeed. but what's the point ? "Le bon Coin" is mainly about face to face transactions so if you are supposed to actually do the transaction, you will see and obviously try the machine.
Maybe the guy expect a distant transaction (good luck finding a "pigeon" like we say in France...buying remotely a 1000 euros stuff without any warranty ...not even the one of receiving anything!)
Anyway it smells scam indeed.. Even with the machine in front of me, I would triple check everything.
Le bon coin is escrow galore....be carefull but ...bonne chance cher compatriote :-)
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49941863@N04/sets/72157632396669506/

andybee

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 am

100% SCAM, I know the buyer, he has it in his storage at the moment, no selling...

Stevie342000

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:35 am

chaosbc wrote:Sounds like a scam indeed. but what's the point ? "Le bon Coin" is mainly about face to face transactions so if you are supposed to actually do the transaction, you will see and obviously try the machine.
Maybe the guy expect a distant transaction (good luck finding a "pigeon" like we say in France...buying remotely a 1000 euros stuff without any warranty ...not even the one of receiving anything!)
Anyway it smells scam indeed.. Even with the machine in front of me, I would triple check everything.
Le bon coin is escrow galore....be carefull but ...bonne chance cher compatriote :-)

Well my assumption would be and here goes with a theory.

You turn up to visit to see the item, there is no item, you get a bang on the head from behind, you fall to the floor (you may live to get up), you then wake up and find there is no money in your pocket either. Your assumption is that the machine exists (it does but it is just not in the same space as you at that moment in time - its the cat in the box), their assumption will be that you have the money on. Their aim is to part you from the money your aim is to own the machine only the machine is neither alive or dead nor is it the same space as you at the same time. Your other assumption is that they own the property that you go to visit.

Just a theory but in my opinion this is a scam, why use the pictures from an auction that completed some time ago, why not use fresh pictures?

andybee

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:14 am

if you don´t have the item in your hand, you can´t make pictures! :) so, also good to find SCAM with these pictures..

Soulbear

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:32 am

Stevie342000 wrote:in my opinion this is a scam, why use the pictures from an auction that completed some time ago,
Exactly, good point, some of these images appeared on one of the previous Bay listings, and were added to the images I initially posted in the Reference Section of the Forum, when it was re-listed on the Bay at a later date. As you rightly point out Stevie3420000, being massaged with a Baseball Bat at the side of the Napper would be the most likely outcome here.
:cry: :cry: :cry: Soulbear