Wanted: Presto Overhead To Lease or Borrow

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

opcode66

Wanted: Presto Overhead To Lease or Borrow

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:11 am

In order to work out a mount and a conversion kit for the Presto Overheads to hang Mantra correctly. I need a working overhead for r&d for a 2 to 3 months. I'm hoping I can find someone with a working spare they can loan or lease to me. It would be returned in original condition.

Please contact me via my email or PM here. I would be very grateful. I would also sweeten the pot by offering some sort of discount on Mantra. Some loot if need be. A donation loaner would be spectacular! I would definitely appreciate the help. Cheers!
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

opcode66

Re: Wanted: Presto Overhead To Lease or Borrow

Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:34 am

I would also be willing to provide a Full Service Rebuild of a mono cutterhead as a form of payment for the lease. If you have a blown head that is keeping you from using your lathe and thereby your overhead, you could do me (and the community) a huge favor. And, you'd get a free repair and would be back to cutting again once I return the overhead.

I really want to be able to provide a mount and possibly a minor conversion kit for Presto users to be able to mount a dynamic version of Mantra for high quality stereo cuts on their lathes. I have one possible lead. But, no commitments yet. Please let me know if you can assist! I would be most grateful.
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones

concretecowboy71

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 am

PM'd you.
Cutting Masters in Bristol,Virginia, USA
Well Made Music / Gotta Groove Records

opcode66

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:17 pm

The excellent folk at Mobile Vinyl Recorders have graciously agreed to lend me an overhead. I have discussed my ideas with their tech. I have a plan. I think with a very simple mod kit, everyone with a 6N will be able to use Mantra. I may need to make a change to the back of the body to account for the placement of the lead screw in the overhead. But, otherwise, this seems doable and with stylus alignment to center!