Rek-o-kut R8B amplifier info?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

mratx

Rek-o-kut R8B amplifier info?

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 pm

I just acquired a Rek-O-Kut R8B amplifier, does anyone have a manual or any other information about it? I'm primarily curious about the impedance on the output to the cutting head, and if it has any sort of RIAA compensation built into the electronics. It appears to be substantially different from the R8A, as it only has three tubes (one 6an8 and 2 6973).

Thanks,

Mark

Emilien03

Re: Rek-o-kut R8B amplifier info?

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:48 am

mratx wrote:I just acquired a Rek-O-Kut R8B amplifier, does anyone have a manual or any other information about it? I'm primarily curious about the impedance on the output to the cutting head, and if it has any sort of RIAA compensation built into the electronics. It appears to be substantially different from the R8A, as it only has three tubes (one 6an8 and 2 6973).

Thanks,

Mark
@Mark
Did you found the info you were looking for?
I'm also looking for the schematic.

monoplex

Re: Rek-o-kut R8B amplifier info?

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 pm

I dont know the difference between 8A and 8b but I just posted the schematic for an 8A in schematics section. cheers