Rare Presto 8C For Sale

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

yourbedhead

Rare Presto 8C For Sale

Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi guys!

I have simply not enough time in the day to continue "lathing". That being said I need to sell my very rare Presto 8C. This item was bought last year from Mike Dixon of LatheCuts.com. The unit was completely overhauled as as well as the Presto 1D cutting head. Attached are details and the asking price. I don't believe I want to try and ship this item so you would have to come to Fort Worth, Texas or make other arrangements. If you want to hire a freight company to package and ship it, that is your call and your risk. it has been a great machine, just no time.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piaptk

Re: Rare Presto 8C For Sale

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:09 pm

This is a super cool machine. It's basically a hybrid of a presto 8n and an 8dg. It's got two feedscrews with 5 pulley positions each, so you've got a wide range of LpI options. It's also much easier to set up a stereo cutter head on than most lathes of its size, because the arm can be adjusted back to accommodate the larger stereo head and still keep the stylus in line with the center pin.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

yourbedhead

Re: Rare Presto 8C For Sale

Sat May 06, 2017 11:50 am

Just posted on eBay so contact me ASAP if you are interested.