Hollywood trolls?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Spiderxdeath

Hollywood trolls?

Thu May 04, 2017 1:49 am

Hey- I'm heading over to LA tomorrow. I'll be there for a couple weeks- any suggestions for lathe tourism related stuff would be great.
Thanks

diamone

Re: Hollywood trolls?

Sun May 14, 2017 10:29 pm

If you are still there find out if Len Horowitz has any spare time for you to drop in.
He's in Culver City between the old MGM lot and Fox.
2 Kinds of Men/Records: Low Noise & Wide Range. LN is mod. fidelity, cheap, & easy. WR is High Fidelity & Abrasive to its' Environment. Remember that when you encounter a Grumpy Engineer. (:-D)

Gridlock

Tue May 16, 2017 10:38 am

Seconded. Go see Len. He's one of like 10 or less real old school trolls left in the world who really know their shit. Depending on what you're working on I might rank him at #1 or 2. I live up in Eugene Oregon about 18 hr drive up if you head to Portland and wanna see what a real Frankenstein workshop looks like. Cheers
<\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[[[[[[[\/]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Recordette Sr.......Presto K-8

Spiderxdeath

Wed May 17, 2017 4:08 am

What is the best way to look him up?
Sorry no Oregon this time mate....

diamone

Wed May 17, 2017 10:07 am

2 Kinds of Men/Records: Low Noise & Wide Range. LN is mod. fidelity, cheap, & easy. WR is High Fidelity & Abrasive to its' Environment. Remember that when you encounter a Grumpy Engineer. (:-D)