Pressing Plant List Update - 2 new USA plants

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

TotalSonic

Pressing Plant List Update - 2 new USA plants

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:00 pm

Greetings fellow Trolls -
Just did an update of the list of all verified actual pressing plants in the globe to reflect the following changes -
2 new US plants opened this year -
"Kindercore" in Athens, Georgia with 3 new Viryl Warm Tone presses - taking orders now and planning to ship its first records in about 2 weeks -
and "Sunrise Vinyl" in Opa-Locka, Florida (just north of Miami) using (from my understanding) presses from the now closed Alpha Records and Final Vinyl plants.

A&R Records in Dallas also closed and was reopened / rebranded as Josey Record MFG.
If anyone knows of any changes or additions to the list I have (of plants with their own presses only, NO brokers) please let me know.

http://totalsonic.net/vinylplants.htm

Aussie0zborn

Re: Pressing Plant List Update - 2 new USA plants

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:18 pm

You've missed three in England, two in Ireland and one each in China, Brazil, Canada, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Argentina, Denmark and Vietnam. You can add another in Japan and two in England soon.

TotalSonic

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Aussie0zborn - do you know the names and locations of these? Verified to be actually pressing and not brokers?
Is RIP-V the one in Canada you were referring to? I thought they had closed and sold their presses to another Canadian plant - but did they reopen?

Best regards,
Steve Berson

TotalSonic

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Ireland - seems one of those is a broker, and MLV's website url goes to an expired domain. Does anyone know if MLV is still in business?

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Aussie0zborn

Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:08 pm

They're all pressing plants, Steve.
No doubt about that.
RIP-V are long gone and spawned two US plants.

TotalSonic

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Just updated the list with the new international plants I could confirm as currently taking orders - Denmark, Vietnam, France, China, all adding one.
New US plants in Philadelphia PA and Austin TX are expected to come online in the next few months.
If people have names and locations of more confirmed plants (and not brokers) that they know the names and locations for that were not included in my list - please let me know!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

tragwag

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 pm

great list, thanks for keeping it up Steve!
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com