Kick-Starter: Scully LS-76 Restoration.

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

petermontg

Kick-Starter: Scully LS-76 Restoration.

Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi Folks,

My kick-starter for the restoration of a Scully LS-76 is now live. For those who don't know this model, there is some details on the kick-starter for those who do... ;).
It is a large project and will be time consuming but it would be a shame to let this lathe sit and be forgotten about. If anybody wants to help out feel free to get in touch. If you have any questions again, feel free to get it in touch.

There will be a blog for the mechanical rebuild so those interested please let me know and I can point you in the right direction for you to follow it's updates.

There are plenty of rewards for pledging from small amounts to large amounts. None have any limits available on them.

Spread the word.
Every little helps.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1936830866/scully-ls-76-vinyl-lathe-restoration

Best Regards
Peter Montgomery
Peter Montgomery
+353(0)894926271
peter(at)petermontgomerymastering.com

Stereo cutter head wanted. Send email or smoke signals.

monoplex

Re: Kick-Starter: Scully LS-76 Restoration.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:56 pm

yeah, I want a stereo cutter head as well. I swear if someone buys one for me I will cut cheap dubs, no problem. Ive spent over ten years saving and scraping shit together to even attempt this hobby. never thought about begging for it from folks wanting the same thing.