Furnace Record Pressing

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

furnacemfg

Furnace Record Pressing

Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi everyone. I wanted to introduce myself and my company, Furnace Record Pressing to the LT family. Thanks to Steve and Co for including us.

I founded Furnace 20 years ago. For the last 8 years we have worked with our exclusive partners in Europe (Pallas and Record Industry) to press high quality records for our customers here in North America. While our existing vinyl business is still thriving, we knew we needed to expand our offerings and increase our capacity to keep up with the demand

So about a year ago we purchased 10 TA presses in Mexico. In addition to our automatic presses, we are also building four custom semi-auto machines. While the equipment is being refurbished by our pals in Europe, we are trading in our 12,000 sq/ft disjointed office/warehouse space for a 50,000 sq/ft state of the art facility with 6 glorious loading docks (those of you in the biz know how excited I am about loading docks!).

The first phase is slated for completion Q1 of 2017 and will include pressing, assembly, finishing and warehousing. Phase 2 will add galvanics, additional presses and, eventually, a mastering lab for in house cutting. We are installing equipment, utilities and running drops for 24 presses so expanding will be plug and play.

As you can imagine, we are looking for experienced people to join our team. If you or anyone you know would fit the bill, please have them get in touch with us at jobs@furnacemfg.com. In the coming weeks, we will be posting job openings on our website and our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/furnacemfg/.

Thanks for listening. I look forward to meeting some of you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Eric Astor
Chief, Furnace
Fairfax, VA USA
http://www.furnacemfg.com/vinyl/

IMG_8357.JPG
P1010014.JPG
IMG_8343.JPG
IMG_8460.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tragwag

Re: Furnace Record Pressing

Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:20 pm

congrats, everything looks great!
hurray for loading docks
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

diamone

Re: Furnace Record Pressing

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Did you/would you ever consider being the only one to be bringing DMM back to the U.S.?

I trained under Len Horowitz for Scully and been to a couple masterclasses by e.g. Marcussen and would like to end up being retrained to be one of the few remaining combination lacquer/DMM cutting engineers.

There's several DMM guys on here that have drafted themselves to help me get up to speed - but only if I get an offer of a tenured gig in the x upcoming months - being it's pretty hard to uproot three disabled American veterans in powerchairs (me [350 on 6 foot - 52 yrs old] my ex fostar dad I live with and take care of (400 on 5-10 68 yrs old) and my uncle (450 on 5-11 70 yrs old)] 3K miles to the opposite coast only to have to move back in a few mos if it doesn't work out.

Plus - since I read you are supposed to be friends with Matt Jones - sales manager for Pirates Press here in the Bay Area - and re-developer of the flexidisc - that flexidiscs might be another avenue you could think about expanding into as well.

My big thing is archival formats as everybody on here can tell you and the prep-for-mastering that is usually required that most of the new guys (and plenty of the old guys if the truth be told) have no patience for.

I'm not talking about e.g. leadering and repairing normal quarter-inch through 2 inch analog tape anybody can do - I'm talking about the truly obscure formats a lot of home recordists (and more than a few semi-pro acts) recorded onto prior to making their master.

And I can also do full-coat and striped film (although it's been about 30 years and I'd probably be a little slow at first).
2 Kinds of Men/Records: Low Noise & Wide Range. LN is mod. fidelity, cheap, & easy. WR is High Fidelity & Abrasive to its' Environment. Remember that when you encounter a Grumpy Engineer. (:-D)