mistakes and liability

Topics regarding professional record cutting.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

jjgolden

Re: mistakes and liability

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Even if your calibrated to 1 1/4 turn head lift, you can always do a manual head lift at the exact tie off point with the white button.

mossboss

Re: mistakes and liability

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:06 am

Sure thing test cut is a given at the beginning of the lacquer with us here regardless
It is checked visually played back adjustments to the stylus heat take place per lacquer so as to optimise the cut and so forth
Assuming there are issues and the numbered side it's ok it is flipped over test cut is carried out there some times a full cut takes place on the "dud" side just to make sure
We do all of that as it is a requirement, so far as we are concerned you need to provide the best cut possible and we do most of the times like in over 5 years the recuts are quite rare
As we are a one stop shop we cannot point the finger at anyone which is fine as it saves a lot of angst
The other side of the coin is we don't get paid for mastering as people think that it is our bag and included in the price
Argh well you cannot have it all hey
Jiri
I have looked at the laser playback system when it first come out awesome but the price at the time was exorbitant like the cost of a lot of recuts that's for sure
I believe that the price has come down now considerably
By the way somewhere there is a home made laser playback system from some guy in Europe but
I have searched for it a few times and cannot find it may be someone here does know about it, If so a link would be great
Cheers
Chris