Graphic Artist for making record labels/jackets needed

Topics regarding professional record cutting.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Curley-Ann

Graphic Artist for making record labels/jackets needed

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:21 am

Hey there--
It's been a long while since I've been here...and it's good to be back!
This year, I am looking to launch a new label (Echo Records)...vinyl releases only...and 90% of our output will be 78 rpm.
I am in desperate need of someone who can step-in as our new graphic artist and take my rough drafts for label and jacket ideas and turn them into perfected, useful items.
I am a nostalgist--and all of the labels I have in mind MUST resemble the classic designs of labels made in the 1920's, 30's, 40's and even early 50's!
For our first issue...which will be a 10" 78...I want the label to have the "look" of the black & gold OKeh label from the mid-20's...
Please feel free to e-mail me if you have the talent for doing this, and have the vision to turn out what I'm looking for.
Together, we can make Echo a new label to be proud of!
Thanks!
--Curley Temple

W.B.

Re: Graphic Artist for making record labels/jackets needed

Sat May 30, 2015 2:04 pm

I've noticed that as far as templates for Adobe Illustrator, Quark, etc., are concerned, there are none for 78 RPM center labels (which, from the 1930's, were 3" in diameter); instead, the same size as used up to the '20's (approximately what would later be used for 45 RPM labels) have been used instead, in recent years.

But in any case, good luck in your endeavors.

ejemmons

Re: Graphic Artist for making record labels/jackets needed

Sun May 31, 2015 10:29 am

Hey Curley, we can probably sort that out for you.... call me! We have an art dept. as well... the 'image' in imagehaus...
Scully "500" with Westrex 3DIIa,
RA-1574E amps.