ZEZ Cutter One

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, mossboss, tragwag, Aussie0zborn, Steve E., Simon

Re: ZEZ Cutter One

Unread postby MEGAMIKE » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:45 am

dont worry the chinese will wipe the floor with the whole lot of you..
300$ cutters $80 diamonds..wait you will see just like the mini cnc routers and 3d printers..

biglovemega
MEGAMIKE

Unread postby Vice Fiori » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:53 pm

China's market is like Deadites: going to swallow your soul!
Vice Fiori
[MGS] - K7's n Vinyl
Vice Fiori

Unread postby Vice Fiori » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:55 pm

this is my promo video from my buseness, the sound on background is record on this machine, no eq added, only ripped from vinyl using a pickering...

https://www.facebook.com/mammothgreenrstudios/posts/1831536340418483
Vice Fiori
[MGS] - K7's n Vinyl
Vice Fiori

Unread postby sure » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Every professional with good electronic skills knows that, Lelon electolytic caps are rediculous brand for Pro Audio.
IMG_6930.JPG

flozki wrote:if you do make money with my shit i think you could have dropped a line before doing.
also it would be the minimum to make freely available the schematics and refer to the origin..
thats how it basically works.

I Agree with you !

Ciuens wrote:
2 - "i made the caruso board open source. that means everybody can use for his own use and fun. for NON-commercial projects. well. it is not software but the idea behind can translate 1:1
check :
https://opensource.org/osd-annotated
lots of work.never paid back more than the material and normally this project should grow by people develeoping further. "

Aswer: I've never seen anything about open source on your site, if it was really open-source, you would make ALL the files available for download. :wink:

Here is:
http://vinylike.de/index.php/carusopreamp/
http://vinylike.de/index.php/carusopreamp/caruso_schema_hw3_12_2016b/
http://vinylike.de/index.php/carusopreamp/caruso_partslist_hw3_2016_2/

Flo is a fair person and knows very well some of his equipment who product and sells is not 100% his own patents that's the reason who share the files for personal use to the public.
sure

Unread postby Ciuens » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:46 pm

sure wrote:Every professional with good electronic skills knows that, Lelon electolytic caps are rediculous brand for Pro Audio.
IMG_6930.JPG

flozki wrote:if you do make money with my shit i think you could have dropped a line before doing.
also it would be the minimum to make freely available the schematics and refer to the origin..

I Agree with you !

Ciuens wrote:
2 - "i made the caruso board open source. that means everybody can use for his own use and fun. for NON-commercial projects. well. it is not software but the idea behind can translate 1:1
check :
https://opensource.org/osd-annotated
lots of work.never paid back more than the material and normally this project should grow by people develeoping further. "

Aswer: I've never seen anything about open source on your site, if it was really open-source, you would make ALL the files available for download. :wink:

Here is:
http://vinylike.de/index.php/carusopreamp/
http://vinylike.de/index.php/carusopreamp/caruso_schema_hw3_12_2016b/
http://vinylike.de/index.php/carusopreamp/caruso_partslist_hw3_2016_2/

Flo is a fair person and knows very well some of his equipment who product and sells is not 100% his own patents that's the reason who share the files for personal use to the public.

Hi Sure, lets go again:

1 - "Every professional with good electronic skills knows that, Lelon electolytic caps are rediculous brand for Pro Audio."
aswer: Each person thinks of a way, if you do not like the electrolytic capacitor, buy a clean board and put the components of your preference, the manufacturer you like. I'm sure you're a professional in electronics, so the option is entirely
yours.

2 - "flozki wrote:
if you do make money with my shit i think you could have dropped a line before doing.

I Agree with you !"

aswer: I also agree, if the project was copied, cloned, stolen, please show me exactly. :wink:

3 - "Flo is a fair person and knows very well some of his equipment who product and sells is not 100% his own patents that's the reason who share the files for personal use to the public."

aswer: At no point did I question someone's personality. I repeat what you said, I do not know mr. Flo and I respect his point of view and yours too, even not agreeing.

The definition of open source is:
Open project, with 100% of shared files, which is not the case, sharing an electronic schema is not open source, because if it were, any electronics company would provide technical manuals.
90% Open Source is not Open Source. If it's to be 100% Open Source, what are the preamp board files for download?

Ok, I think we've talked too much about this, you already left your opinion, I left mine ....

Next.....

Ciuens Silva
ZEZ Cutter One
Ciuens

Unread postby drdub » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:57 am

flotzki wrote: "otherwise we have all to smoke like dr. dub, drink a lot of schnaps and stick many needles in our beloved lathes
and zez cutters will only cut austrian folk music in good stereofonic sound."

*** STOP ***

we quit smoking, never ever drink schnaps and hardly ever cut Austrian folkmusik... :mrgreen:
satan spins vinyl

*** www.drdub.com ***
drdub

Unread postby Snug Music » Fri May 05, 2017 2:27 am

drdub wrote:
flotzki wrote: "otherwise we have all to smoke like dr. dub, drink a lot of schnaps and stick many needles in our beloved lathes
and zez cutters will only cut austrian folk music in good stereofonic sound."

*** STOP ***

we quit smoking, never ever drink schnaps and hardly ever cut Austrian folkmusik... :mrgreen:

True, with too much liquor sway the grooves .... loool ... hahaaa :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!
Snug Music

Unread postby audiosteam » Sat May 27, 2017 5:00 pm

Looks like things are moving or getting updated, ZEZ product's page is unavailable at Myshank at the moment.
audiosteam

Unread postby yano » Sat May 27, 2017 5:08 pm

I ordered a week and paid it, I look forward to arriving sometime ...
yano

Unread postby audiosteam » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:53 pm

Hey Yano, glad to see that someone jumped in. Please keep us updated.
audiosteam

Unread postby Thelurker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:30 pm

yano wrote:I ordered a week and paid it, I look forward to arriving sometime ...

You're brave!

Ordering blind after they promise to upload the Manual and other details months ago which never materialized!
Thelurker

Unread postby yano » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:06 pm

Thelurker wrote:
yano wrote:I ordered a week and paid it, I look forward to arriving sometime ...

You're brave!

Ordering blind after they promise to upload the Manual and other details months ago which never materialized!

I have never seen uploading anywhere manuals...., Neither Souri's Vinylrecorder nor anything else
I trust in MyShank....
yano

Unread postby Thelurker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Check the MyShank blog (dated 6 months ago!) and on here. Just stating facts.

There's lots and lots of information on Vinyl Recorder, doesn't compare.

Maybe you could be the 1st actual user to review the product and give more info then the actual retailers.

Genuinely hope your purchase is better then expected and more :-)
Thelurker

Unread postby The Shank » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Thelurker wrote:Check the MyShank blog (dated 6 months ago!) and on here. Just stating facts.

There's lots and lots of information on Vinyl Recorder, doesn't compare.

Maybe you could be the 1st actual user to review the product and give more info then the actual retailers.

Genuinely hope your purchase is better then expected and more :-)

You are boring.
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe
The Shank

Unread postby audiosteam » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Steven is definitely a trusted retailer so far. But the way ZEZ cutter is being introduced in the market is unfortunately poor. Finish the product first and then start selling it. I would create an official thread and make it live with live updates on the latest changes, keeping a track of all the versions, giving detailed specs and gathering users to exchange a bout their experience. I think that the ZEZ cutter is definitely a great experimental project. But it don't looks like a serious commercial alternative so far and we need to try it plus some real user feedback before judging it. And it's still unclear why Myshank removed the cutter from its website, all the pages about ZEZ are now unavailable for several day.
audiosteam

Unread postby Thelurker » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:13 am

audiosteam wrote:Steven is definitely a trusted retailer so far. But the way ZEZ cutter is being introduced in the market is unfortunately poor. Finish the product first and then start selling it. I would create an official thread and make it live with live updates on the latest changes, keeping a track of all the versions, giving detailed specs and gathering users to exchange a bout their experience. I think that the ZEZ cutter is definitely a great experimental project. But it don't looks like a serious commercial alternative so far and we need to try it plus some real user feedback before judging it. And it's still unclear why Myshank removed the cutter from its website, all the pages about ZEZ are now unavailable for several day.

THIS!!
Thelurker

Unread postby The Shank » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:59 am

audiosteam wrote:Steven is definitely a trusted retailer so far. But the way ZEZ cutter is being introduced in the market is unfortunately poor. Finish the product first and then start selling it. I would create an official thread and make it live with live updates on the latest changes, keeping a track of all the versions, giving detailed specs and gathering users to exchange a bout their experience. I think that the ZEZ cutter is definitely a great experimental project. But it don't looks like a serious commercial alternative so far and we need to try it plus some real user feedback before judging it. And it's still unclear why Myshank removed the cutter from its website, all the pages about ZEZ are now unavailable for several day.

We are developing some last minutes parts for a best quality... That's all.
There will be some update very soon on the website... Stop panic now.
As said before, have you seen some manual about any lathe? There will be one (of course!!!!)... for the owners. If you don't have any ZEZ, you don't need any manual.
We had to see our production way to improve many things... and it takes time too. Now everything is still developed in Brazil with Ciuens, but built and assembled in France in My Shank Headquarter, yeah baby! (simple warehouse, but headquarter is so badass, right?)

Thelurker wrote:THIS!!

And you are still boring...(a lot) (a lot is not enough finally) (mega) (still not enough, I give up)

http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe
The Shank

Unread postby audiosteam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:22 am

Bump! Yano any first impressions to share? Looking forward to read you.

Btw I got a few questions regarding the cutter.
1- is it modular, I mean is it made to be modded or upgrade. For instance can I swap the preamp or the amp modules?
2- is the system open source? Can I get to participate and tweak the source code to adjust it to my needs, share it if I want...
3- can you sync several cutters together
4- can it cut lacquers

Peace!
audiosteam

Unread postby yano » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:14 am

audiosteam wrote:Bump! Yano any first impressions to share? Looking forward to read you.

1- is it modular, I mean is it made to be modded or upgrade. For instance can I swap the preamp or the amp modules?
2- is the system open source? Can I get to participate and tweak the source code to adjust it to my needs, share it if I want...
4- can it cut lacquers

Peace!

I have not got the machine yet ..., but soon :)
yano

Unread postby Ciuens » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 am

audiosteam wrote:Bump! Yano any first impressions to share? Looking forward to read you.

4- can it cut lacquers

Peace!

Hi dude,
I can answer those questions, hehe.

1- Yes, the entire project is designed for hardware upgrades. Cutter head, preamplifier and main panel.
2 - No, the system is not open source, the code will not be shared, but with feedback from friends and customers we will adjust to everyone.
3 - Yes, you can synchronize multiple lathes via MIDI to cut the same material at the same time. But all lathes must be connected on the same computer.
4 - Yes, of course.

I know everyone is anxious, but please, wait, you'll like what you're going to see. :D

Cheers,

Ciuens Silva
Ciuens

PreviousNext

Return to Experimenters' & Innovators' forum