Deep Grooves Mastering - Dr. Cuts Vinyl Mastering VST

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Sillitoe

Re: Deep Grooves Mastering - Dr. Cuts Vinyl Mastering VST

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:02 am

Very nice, x64 working well! Great work man.
Thank you!

opcode66

Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:16 am

Great news!

To all those just catching this thread, please refer to the prior page for downloads.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

lucien

Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:02 am

I downloaded the updates but it still doesn't run on Reaper here.
First computer windows 7 ultimate 32 bits, Celeron G540, Ram 2Gb. I know sometimes Reaper has specific issues so I downloaded Wavelabe Elements 8 trial. Couldn't see the plugin either.
Second computer with Reaper, windows 8.1 64 bits, AMD A4-1200, Ram 2Gb. Same result.

ejemmons

Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:07 pm

Still no joy in Nuendo - same result. Has anyone out there tried this with Cubase? Can't be too much more as others are getting in. I'm sanguine!
Scully "500" with Westrex 3DIIa,
RA-1574E amps.

opcode66

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:48 pm

I can see if I can download a runnable trial of Cubase without an e-license usb stick. My guess is no. But, it really shouldn't matter. I think you might be missing a setup step. Can you please confirm the following?

You need to place the VST in a folder accessible from your software. In windows this must be a folder contained within C:\Programs Files (x86). Mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTEffects. Unzip both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions into this folder. It won't matter if you have both and only use one.
4.png
Then, you need to go to Options->Plug-in Settings. Be sure to check the checkbox for Search standard shared VST plug-in folders. And, most importantly, add your specific folder to the Additional VST plug-in folders.
2.png
You can see here that I'm running Wavelab Elements 8 and that you can now select DrCuts from the effects strip on the left.
1.png
And, you can see here that I've pulled up the effect's visual editor.
3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by opcode66 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones

opcode66

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:51 pm

And, since you can't post more than 4 pictures per reply..... Here is the System page from my Control Panel. You can see I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

opcode66

Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:33 pm

Here are two setup guides. One for Wavelab 8 Elements on Windows. The other for Ableton 9 on Windows. However reading through them should be useful for any software and platform. You have to do relatively the same things on either Mac or Windows. The process is to place the control in a proper folder, then tell you software about that folder, then select the effect within your software.

lucien

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:31 am

Thanks for your answer and the pictures opcode66 :)
However, still no luck here.
Would you mind trying into Reaper please?
http://www.reaper.fm/download.php
It's light (less than 10mb) and easy to uninstall.
By doing so I'd be 100% sure that my computers have issues.
It would be really appreciated.

studiorp

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:59 am

Work too with Nero Wave Editor ?

opcode66

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:11 am

I just downloaded and installed the 64 Bit version of Reaper. I have no issue getting Dr. Cuts to load.

Here you can see I'm running the latest 64 Bit version of reaper.
2.png
Go to the Options->Preferences... menu item. This opens the Preferences window. In the menu on the left scroll down to Plug-ins and click on VST beneath it. You have to set the folder path you placed Dr. Cuts in the Texbox labeled VST Plug-in paths. For me the folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTEffects. Then, click on the button labeled Re-scan.
1.png
Now, add a track and click on the FX button on the top left of the track meter along the bottom strip. In the popup window, in the menu on the left, under All Plugins, Select VST. Then, select VST: Dr Cuts (Deep Grooves Mastering) or VST: Dr Cuts (x86) (Deep Grooves Mastering) from the list on the right and click Ok.
3.png
If this doesn't work for you then try placing a copy of the dll files in the default VST folder for Reaper which is C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\Plugins\FX. Exit Reaper and restart it. Then, Rescan your plugins. Then, try to add the plugin to a track.

Here you can see me running Dr. Cuts in Reaper.
5.png

lucien

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:40 am

Thank you very much for checking.
I've been using Reaper for years. Recently I've had problems loading waves plugins. Now it's DrCuts turn.
I don't know why but my computers must have an issue. Really strange.
Anyway thank you again for the time spent and the print screens.
I'm sure it will be helpful for everyone reading this topic :)

opcode66

Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:05 pm

Ok, I think I figured it out. Windows users need to have the proper VC Redistributable loaded for this to work correctly. That is Visual C Redistributable. I will work on making a setup packager. This might also apply to Mac. If I make a package via XCode then it will likely install required components as well. Stay tuned.

opcode66

Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:59 pm

Here are the Windows Setup zips. Unzip the two files to a temporary folder, double click on Setup.exe. Don't change the setup location, leave it as C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins. That is really the standard location for VST's in Windows. Once installed you can delete the temporary folder. Then, in your software, be sure to point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins for VST plugins as detailed in earlier posts in this thread. That should work.

Dr. Cuts Windows 32 Bit Setup
DrCuts_Setup.zip
Dr. Cuts Windows 64 Bit Setup
DrCuts_Setup_x64.zip
You should install the bit size that your DAW is running at. So, if you DAW is 64 bit software, load the 64 bit plugin. Otherwise, load the 32 bit plugin. 32 bit software won't recognize the 64 bit plugin and vice-versa. Please check what you DAW is first, then load the appropriate VST from the setups above.

A couple of notes: I need to work on the high frequency limiting, it is still not quite right. And, I need to add a separate trim slider for the RIAA/IRIAA since the boost causes normal level audio to clip and distort. And, I want to add tone generation for 1K and 5K with a trim slider for calibration purposes. Eventually, I'll be replacing the big sliders with knobs and making the overall size of the VST smaller.

studiorp

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:23 am

I have installed on my computer, but still doesn't work...
I have wavelab le 7 and too Nero waveditor, but nothing...

opcode66

Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:47 am

Well, at this point, I would need to see some screenshots from you to verify your setup. Or, at least, can you verify what steps you took to setup the vst?

I've run the setup on a laptop that is not a development machine. It loaded Dr. Cuts. I then ran Ableton 8, it scanned and loaded the plugin. There is no reason I can think of why this should not be working for you at this point. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you can continue to help out.

studiorp

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:57 am

I have installed the setup as you said, then I have checked in plugins option into my Wave Lab Le7, but unfortunately I don't see your dll in list...
The same thing in Nero Wave Editor...

lucien

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:53 am

Hi opcode66,
Thanks for your efforts for sorting the issue.
A quick question : is it normal after installing the "Dr. Cuts Windows 32 Bit Setup" that the file name becomes "DrCuts_X64.dll"?
I haven't tried on my windows 8 64 bits yet but still no luck with win 7 32bits.

lucien

Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:28 am

Seems to work with the notebook with windows 8.1 64 bits :D

studiorp

Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:43 pm

And with Win7 32 or 64 ?

opcode66

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:39 pm

I made some modifications to the setups. Ill post them soon. Should resolve the final issues. Thanks for continuing to try everyone!