Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Snug Music

Re: Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:19 am

Wrooommmm..hehee.. :mrgreen:

so, sometimes short break for me .... I enjoy now only once the morning sun! I believe that I deserve ... sunny greetings to all trolls

best regards

Scotty 8)
berlin%252520184.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

sakuszi

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:26 am

wide road !

Snug Music

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:33 am

sakuszi wrote:wide road !

YES!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

Snug Music

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:13 am

sakuszi wrote:SUPER MUSIC record 4" 0dB https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R91cm9-WqI&feature=youtu.be
Hey Sarkuszy, .. good result! What I noticed, you have a few distortions and a channel difference (right more than left!) phase differences? Did you already times by measured by an FFT / RTA Audio Analyzer? Oscilloscopes and Volt / Amp Multimeter? However, it could be a mechanical problem also!
Best regards
Scotty
8) :wink:

sakuszi

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:46 pm

is not well, I know [only music is cool]
I can not understand the process of bringing a stereo signal to the cutting head.
Snug Music. Do you have a digital sound that you drive to your head? MP3? I will try to record the sound my head.
I can not understand these phases of the signal.I can not understand these phases of the signal. I always have one channel recorded quieter ,accidentally changed channels ... :roll:

sakuszi

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:01 am

Head for free , super SOUND 15kHz ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1t4h-_itlI&feature=youtu.be :D
I will give the heads for free, who would want to? Please write in this post. Alternatively, you can pay to charity CONTRIBUTE The Secret Society of lathe trolls . Now I'm working on a faster head. :)

Snug Music

Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:58 am

sakuszi wrote:is not well, I know [only music is cool]
I can not understand the process of bringing a stereo signal to the cutting head.
Snug Music. Do you have a digital sound that you drive to your head? MP3? I will try to record the sound my head.
I can not understand these phases of the signal.I can not understand these phases of the signal. I always have one channel recorded quieter ,accidentally changed channels ... :roll:

No, I do not have MP3 digital shit. I cut real recordet analog sound from the 2-Track master recorder (TEAC A-3300 SX). Everything mastered with tube sound! Peaks and sibilance straightened. With good headroom. Bass in the middle, and effects removed in the lower frequency ranges. that's all...
Everything is Subject to good mastering and good fine-tuning the Cutting device !! 8)

I quote times Bryan, ..
"See 3 times than 1 times too little!"

best regards

Scotty :wink:

sakuszi

Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 am

yeah, I know, but I need to sample the signal in digital form, for example. mp3, test, I do not have the right software, just the audacity, to measure the needed measure of correlation phases, right?
I hear that sound is tragic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1t4h-_itlI&feature=youtu.be :mrgreen: , no channel separation, the minimum separation, how to make this measurement? :?: :)

Snug Music

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:59 pm

sakuszi wrote:yeah, I know, but I need to sample the signal in digital form, for example. mp3, test, I do not have the right software, just the audacity, to measure the needed measure of correlation phases, right?
I hear that sound is tragic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1t4h-_itlI&feature=youtu.be :mrgreen: , no channel separation, the minimum separation, how to make this measurement? :?: :)

Measurement:

Software:
SMAART 7 is a good measuring program! For this you just need a good sound card!
External:
A digial multimeter, possibly one oscilloscope (if Available!)
Basic requirement:
Good eyes and good ears! :mrgreen:

best regards
Scotty 8) :wink:

sakuszi

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:19 pm

that's all ? enough ? excellently !
Thanks , Snug Music ! :mrgreen: :) 8)

Snug Music

Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:42 pm

sakuszi wrote:that's all ? enough ? excellently !
Thanks , Snug Music ! :mrgreen: :) 8)
well, .. I have a little bit more than what I have written to you. I am a former television mechanic and have of course a lot of measuring instruments. (Wobbler, osziloscpe 40Mhz 2 ray, 4 digi multimeter, frequency counter, etc. there is a lot together. (All accumulated over time) just everything you need. Hehee ... :mrgreen:

mischmerz

Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:41 pm

OK guys - just a few more questions: As the preferred tweeters are not so easy to get here in the US, I am starting to look for alternatives. What are the preferred frequency ranges for the tweeters? Most of them will not go below about 2Khz. Is that ok? Did somebody try to build a cutter head from .. em .. wood? I am not really good with metal working - which brings me to the next question. Wouldn't it be great to build an assembly package for those of us who who are terrible with metal or just don't have the right tools? Quite honestly - cutting a straight line in wood is a challenge for me :) My qualities are obviously different :D. I would seriously pay for the pre-fabricated aluminium bracket with drilled holes ..

Hans anybody tested the Diamond D6 tweeters? I couldn't even find the specs for them.

Thanks for your help.

Michaela

Snug Music

Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:11 am

mischmerz wrote:OK guys - just a few more questions: As the preferred tweeters are not so easy to get here in the US, I am starting to look for alternatives. What are the preferred frequency ranges for the tweeters? Most of them will not go below about 2Khz. Is that ok? Did somebody try to build a cutter head from .. em .. wood? I am not really good with metal working - which brings me to the next question. Wouldn't it be great to build an assembly package for those of us who who are terrible with metal or just don't have the right tools? Quite honestly - cutting a straight line in wood is a challenge for me :) My qualities are obviously different :D. I would seriously pay for the pre-fabricated aluminium bracket with drilled holes ..

Hans anybody tested the Diamond D6 tweeters? I couldn't even find the specs for them.

Thanks for your help.

Michaela

hey Michaela, I'm very busy right now, but as you are to me sympathetic and you know my Berlin scene (Motte ect.) Think I currently if I build this cutting head for you. but I have to check up the first. Yet I am in the experimental phase. But until now, it is going very well! If I think that everything is just right and works, you get a free. then just have the tweeters and transport pay.
I inform you early enough. :wink:
best regards

Scotty 8) :wink:

markrob

Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 am

Hi,

Keep in mind the published frequency response has nothing to do with its performance in an cutter head. You are moving a directly driven cutting stylus not air. You care the most about the total moving mass, power handling, driver efficiency (BL product), and how easy it is to couple the stylus to the voice coil mechanically. All of these parameters involve tradeoffs.

Mark

Snug Music

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:59 am

Yes! I am quite Markrob opinion. There's a lot of compromises that you have to make! My best ever I have experienced with the sinus Live Neo 25s!
Rated power: 120 W,
Pulse: 180 W
Impedance: 4 Ohm
range: 2-22 kHz (this frequency range has nothing to say!) (indication by the manufacturer)
I have with these tweeters very good gaudy bass, decent mids and brilliant highs!
These are at full load just at operating temperature!
but still I am not test finished, .. the hard test is yet!

Scotty 8)

mischmerz

Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:25 am

Snug Music wrote: hey Michaela, I'm very busy right now, but as you are to me sympathetic and you know my Berlin scene (Motte ect.) Think I currently if I build this cutting head for you. but I have to check up the first.
Very cool - thanks. Yes - of course I know Matthias from the very early days of the "Love Parade" . I also know Stephan and quite a few others. A lot of things have changed since than though. Thanks again for your very generous offer.

m.

cosmO_O

Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:43 pm

mischmerz wrote:
Snug Music wrote: hey Michaela, I'm very busy right now, but as you are to me sympathetic and you know my Berlin scene (Motte ect.) Think I currently if I build this cutting head for you. but I have to check up the first.
Very cool - thanks. Yes - of course I know Matthias from the very early days of the "Love Parade" . I also know Stephan and quite a few others. A lot of things have changed since than though. Thanks again for your very generous offer.

m.
My two cents about the prototying, buy a 3D printer. Last year i saved a hell of a money, to buy a printer, and its a really good investment for a DIY-er. Sadly i have no place for a big workshop, but with the printer i save a lot of space :) I suggest, give a try :)

Now, TUNE!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmW7IZUNefc 8)

sakuszi

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Hi
Mark[/quote]

you're right ! I first check as head actually recorded on the disc, and only in the next stage, possibly checking a spectrum analyzer. other test method is erroneous and false, comforted only constructor, but it has nothing to do with truth and reality. In the open air, head exhibits a 30kHz bandwidth, the disc cutting 9 kHz and the end, burning coils.
For recording, you need the power, efficiency, mechanical efficiency of the head.
That's all I give the producers a rated power speakers, only applies to the outdoor speaker system Let us put into the water and what is bandwidth? And now let's mechanical load 20g , will be much worse.
There are only two methods: up to three times increase the efficiency of energy head and the second E = mc2 :mrgreen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmTTlW9mf4s&feature=youtu.be
This video recording is real, no bullshit, background music, mp3, who does that? for what ? for their own satisfaction? crap ...