follow up on Edison style recorder in Swaziland

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Sunnylion

follow up on Edison style recorder in Swaziland

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:10 pm

I have continued to work on this and here is what I have now, the recording medium is an empty silicone cartridge, the gears and motors, slider bar and bracket are from different photocopy machines. The feed screw is a thread bar, I bushed it up on both sides , the knob on the right is not to turn the feed screw but has a screw you loosen to take out the feed screw., speakers from broken lcd tv, advertising plastic. You guys must look at printers and copiers, the parts you need are all there. I weld plastic with q bond, a south african product that bonds plastic, it is my little friend. Will post pictures when ready, please comment, I need some advice as my next one is a flat one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sunnylion

Re: follow up on Edison style recorder in Swaziland

Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:10 am

Front view shows silicone cartridge in place
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sunnylion

Re: follow up on Edison style recorder in Swaziland

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:19 am

Gears and belts, motors, worm gear, all found in printers, copiers...