Vanrock E-101 Manual/Schematic?

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

THIOF

Vanrock E-101 Manual/Schematic?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:33 am

Hi all,
Thanks for all of your shared brilliance.
I recently purchased a Vanrock E-101 lathe and was hoping someone here has or could point me to any online scans of the manual/schematic for the machine. It seems some were posted here years back but were hosted on a no-longer active Photobucket account. Thanks.

ilium

Re: Vanrock E-101 Manual/Schematic?

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:35 pm

I've been meaning to reupload these after having the same issue with the broken links.. I'll try to get to it tonight. Although TBH I did not find the manual to be especially helpful since it's in Japanese :|

THIOF

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:42 pm

ilium wrote:I've been meaning to reupload these after having the same issue with the broken links.. I'll try to get to it tonight. Although TBH I did not find the manual to be especially helpful since it's in Japanese :|
Thank you! I've had success using Google Translate to scan Japanese text images and return pretty clear English text translations.

ilium

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:42 pm

THIOF wrote:
ilium wrote:I've been meaning to reupload these after having the same issue with the broken links.. I'll try to get to it tonight. Although TBH I did not find the manual to be especially helpful since it's in Japanese :|
Thank you! I've had success using Google Translate to scan Japanese text images and return pretty clear English text translations.
I did actually try that but some of the text is faint in the scans I have so Google was having problems with it. But if you are able to get good translations please post them!

Here's the scans I have which I believe are all the same ones you might have seen on here before but the links where broken.

VanrockAtomE101_0.png

VanrockAtomE101_1.png

VanrockAtomE101_2.png

VanrockAtomE101_3.png

VanrockAtomE101_4.png

VanrockAtomE101_6.png

VanrockAtomE101_8.jpg

VanrockAtomE101_10.jpg

VanrockManualPG0.jpg

VanrockManualPG1.jpg

VanrockManualPG2.jpg

VanrockManualPG3.jpg

VanrockManualPG4.jpg

VanrockManualPG5.jpg

VanrockManualPG6.jpg

VanrockManualPG7.jpg

VanrockManualPG8.jpg

VanrockManualPG9.jpg

VanrockManualPG10.jpg

VanrockManualPG11.jpg

VanrockManualPG12.jpg

VanrockManualPGFF12.jpg

VanrockManualPGFF13.jpg

THIOF

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:50 am

Thank you! I'll see what I can do with translating this and post my results if I'm successful.

shraquel

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi Folks!

We recently acquired an old VanRock 101 off ebay for our engineering teaching labs. I hired someone from the Japanese department (a 6th year grad student!!) to translate the manual for us. Follow this link to four documents - annotated original manuals (numbers added that correspond to items in translated copy) and full translations of the original manuals. If you are already familiar with the operation of this machine, I'd REALLY appreciate your feedback on the translation (hopefully it's a bit better than what googletranslate has to offer!). We're using the machine for a record cutting lab later this semester so I'd love to get any kinks out of the manual prior to that. Thanks in advance!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AsabOcvYIGU77W6g3bL2lzJ8QEtl1LNr

ilium

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm

shraquel wrote:Hi Folks!

We recently acquired an old VanRock 101 off ebay for our engineering teaching labs. I hired someone from the Japanese department (a 6th year grad student!!) to translate the manual for us. Follow this link to four documents - annotated original manuals (numbers added that correspond to items in translated copy) and full translations of the original manuals. If you are already familiar with the operation of this machine, I'd REALLY appreciate your feedback on the translation (hopefully it's a bit better than what googletranslate has to offer!). We're using the machine for a record cutting lab later this semester so I'd love to get any kinks out of the manual prior to that. Thanks in advance!

WOW! Thanks for this! Looks pretty good to me

THIOF

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 pm

shraquel wrote:Hi Folks!

This is awesome, thanks indeed! I definitely encountered the issues ilium was referring to w/ Google Translate on some of the blurry areas of the other scans (though they were also helpful). Having someone who speaks Japanese/English manually draft a translated copy is as good as it gets! Thank you for shraring this. There's the one area regarding "damage" and disc distortion where the original image is indecipherable, thus unable to be translated. I'd be curious to know the troubleshot that it lists for that. I also recently purchased one and after some repairs finally have the machine fully functional. However, my test cuts (embossing PVC with a tungsten) are heavily distorted. Any ideas?

andybee

Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:13 am

I also just bought one. How is the sound (compared to a pro-cut) and max.
volume? I hope, it also works with plastic blanks...
8)