Angulo Records lathes of Argentina....wah huh?

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

The Shank

Re: Angulo Records lathes of Argentina....wah huh?

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:39 am

Maybe the orginal master track or the title? 8)
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

rsimms3

Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:53 pm

I want to hear more about the chemical and recycling old records. The video looks like there is a blank piece of plastic sitting on top of an old record. You can see the edge of something clear on the left side of the turntable as it spins, looks like it's on top of the record and not underneath it like a platter. Then the follow-up video shows a clear disc, not the original orange labeled disc from the chemical demonstration video.

Maistrow

Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:30 pm

Is the music you are playing back on the you tube
video from the source or off of the tone arm from the disk.
It sounds like the source. Not something from disk playback.

angulorecords

Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:46 pm

Maistrow wrote:Is the music you are playing back on the you tube

It is a reproduction of a disc in the direct line. turnatable.

I'm sorry we do not have audio / visual to make good videos and do not care

Maistrow

Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:18 pm

So you don't care about the showing the sound quality
of your vinyl cutting unit on You tube?
Was the playback of the audio just to demo the song?

Steve E.
Site Admin

Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:13 pm

I agree. People are actively interested in what your system may have to offer. Over the years, we've seen systems that work, and systems that don't. Some companies offer decent guidance and guarantees, and others don't. I think it's fair to say that there are few enough options out there, that we'd all be happy to be even minimally convinced about the workability of this system, so we could consider giving it more attention.

Please, for the sake of your own business, put together a brief video showing the whole process:

1) 12" record plays old song.
2) We see record "erased".
3) We hear original source material.
4) We see new grooves cut.
5) We see this platter played on a turntable, and we hear actual playback of the results.

Honestly, if I had the system you describe, I could create a half-decent version of such a video using a smartphone and an old version of i-movie. It wouldn't be perfect to use a microphone, but it would tell us enough to bother asking further questions.

That's your homework assignment! ;)

Steve E.
Site Admin

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:32 am

angulorecords wrote:
Maistrow wrote:Is the music you are playing back on the you tube
It is a reproduction of a disc in the direct line. turnatable.
Having rewatched the video, i'd revise my prior comment....

I think there may be a little language problem. It doesn't look like a futzed-with video....I think we are actually seeing/hearing what is playing from the disc, by way of a microphone.

The problem with this setup:

1) We can't tell if the recording is stereo. This has been put forth as a potential problem with the system (given that the system seemingly claims to be stereo). See this thread: Cut turns out in mono (Angulo system)

2) The content of the cut is electronica, and it is difficult to tell if the pitch fluctuations are a deliberate microtonal quality of the source music, or signs of serious torque problems (or, even more seriously, a lack of concern about pitch on the part of the designer). This, as well, has come up in a thread: Torque needed to spin a vinyl cut (Angulo system) Some torque problems are probably to be expected on any system that claims to be able to use a consumer turntable. Nonetheless, the consumer of your product should know what to expect, and should probably be trained on their best chances at minimizing the problem.

I encouraged you to post here (welcome, Raul!), and I apologize for being so challenging in my initial posts to you! This site does its best to encourage innovation -- certainly, there is a demand and a need for new products--but I encourage you as well to be upfront about the strengths and weaknesses of your system as it is, and humble enough to accept feedback and advice, so that you can best serve the needs of your potential clients. We want to see you succeed!

All my best,

Steve

angulorecords

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Hi Steve , I'm working on a new video with all the suggestions that have cast me .
and of course I accept constructive criticism helps to know how piesan and others who want a product.

Thank you very much for the welcome !! maybe there is a misunderstanding in the translation between languages.

best regards

dimi751

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Ola angulo records

Argentina is a beautiful place i was fortunate to visit your country in 2006 and made stop to rio as well the best experience in my life.

I saw your machine online and I must say very solid build I don't know much about the lathe and if you can post pricing and some sound bites that will be nice.

I like the concept you did where all of the electronics is in one unit, I think it's a clever idea
Because I don't like messy wires. If all you need to do is Mount a TT that's easy.

If I had your machine I would use a stanton str150 not my best choice only good for high torque purposes.

Welcome to lathe trolls angulo records.

Vice Fiori

Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:58 am

Ahn.... so... If another people see this topic, DONT buy anything from angulo, READ this scam topic:

http://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5854&hilit=angulo&start=0

Steve E.
Site Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:04 am

Thank you, Vice Fiori. I think we can safely say at this point that this has crossed the line into scam territory. "User error" does not cover the results people are getting.