Disappearance of the VMSPoland/Joanna Section

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

Disappearance of the VMSPoland/Joanna Section

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:41 pm

I have at least temporarily disappeared the VMSPoland /"Joanna Polinska"/"Joanna Neumann" section for the general public. Reasons:

1. This person (who posts on ebay as Poland100) is so creepy that it was just skeeving and creeping people out. I want this forum to be more positive than that.

2. Some of our users did not want their names associated with this person.

3. There was concern that the posts and threads were actually feeding this person's sickness.

However:

1. The data may be important down the line, so I have preserved it.

2. Some of us actually need to continue accumulating data on this crook for various reasons.

3. Maybe it's fun for someone or other. I don't judge.

So, I've created a new category of user here: "Detective." I randomly added a few people who seemed to enjoy sleuthing. These people can see the section.

If you want access to the section, just let me know. No prob.

If you are curious about this person's products and are considering buying them, PM me and I can add you to that section. It might be useful to know what will happen to your money, to your time, and to your sense of personal safety once you have established a connection to this person. (Who is almost certainly a middle aged, deeply disturbed, violence-threatening man, by the way-- not a young woman.)

If you can see the section, but anything else seems to be acting wonky, let me know. I may have messed up. These permissions can get rather tangled up.

Also, I do think it's important that people have some basic info on this person's products and modus operandi, so I will probably introduce a simple warning thread that people can search. Or perhaps this post will suffice.

juniorkain

Re: Disappearance of the VMSPoland Section

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Well, I'm not an active member of the forum, I think I never posted a thread or a reply.
But I've been reading and learning a lot, since this forum have so much to offer, and the exchange is great!

Today I started reading about this "person", and since I was curious about everything, and I was reading about "her" just seconds ago (before I got cut off) I really want to digg into the story.

Actually I don't think it's funny, but I prefer to be informed, just in case...

Can I keep reading it?

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Disappearance of the VMSPoland Section

Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:51 pm

yes. Those who want access, PM me privately and I'll add you.

cloop

Re: Disappearance of the VMSPoland/Joanna Section

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:06 pm

Im so mad. I was one of the idiots bidding on this thing. I feel really dumb. Two cutter heads; too good to be true. Heartwrenching.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:33 am

We are seeing evidence, over time, of other, similar scams, sometimes seemingly originating in other continents. I'd say if someone is selling a more or less homemade, untested system....and if they show up out of nowhere....it's a scam.

If someone is selling off their prototypes to fund their research, and not being upfront about what they are doing....well, I'd consider that a scam, too.

If a deal seems too good to be true, it's probably too good to be true. (Now watch our scammers inflate their prices just to get around this rule.... :roll: ) You are not, not not not, going to find a working stereo cutterhead for a few hundred dollars. Caveat emptor.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:26 am

It's finally crossed the line to the degree that blatant scammers get their own section.