Scam/Estafa/Trapaça: Angulo, Tangential, Mejía, Vortex Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4, C-6

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

jesusfwrl

Re: Scam warning: Angulo Records

Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:47 am

An interesting observation is that machines and parts have definitely been shipped from Bolivia, Argentina, and Poland, so either business is going quite good for scammers nowadays, or the guy is quite wealthy.

Another possibility is that there are several people working together, but shipping this garbage half way around the globe hardly seems like a cost effective way of scamming someone.
~~~ Precision Mechanical Engineering, Analog Disk Mastering ~~~
Agnew Analog Reference Instruments: http://www.agnewanalog.com

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Scam: Angulo aka Tangential Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:17 am

I just received an email from "John Tangential" claiming they are offering a legitimate product and that we are all slandering him because he is competition.

Can anyone who lives near him, and who knows lathes, meet him and do some legitimate tests?

Understand.... I don't believe him. But this should be easy enough to straighten out.

yano

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 am

I have not found anyone who would like this machine.
so I did not dare to buy.......

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Scam warning: Angulo Records

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:28 am

jesusfwrl wrote:An interesting observation is that machines and parts have definitely been shipped from Bolivia, Argentina, and Poland, so either business is going quite good for scammers nowadays, or the guy is quite wealthy.

Another possibility is that there are several people working together, but shipping this garbage half way around the globe hardly seems like a cost effective way of scamming someone.
Now, wait a minute here.... has Angulo / Tangential shipped parts from Poland? We do not have definitive proof that the South American scam is the Joanna Polinska scam. So, again.... are you just talking about the two scams as a trend, or did I miss some data? Because that would cinch it.

jesusfwrl

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:52 am

Steve,
There is no definite prove linking the scammers, that I am aware of. I was referring to the general scamming trend and Stevens suggestion, that the polish contraption shares similarities with the Angulo contraption.
If it is indeed the same person, it would be weird to have send things from places so far away from each other. This is the point I was trying to make.
~~~ Precision Mechanical Engineering, Analog Disk Mastering ~~~
Agnew Analog Reference Instruments: http://www.agnewanalog.com

Steve E.
Site Admin

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:00 am

Got it!!

janomusica

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:10 am

Obviously I think I was not the only one scammed by this person.
unfortunately I paid for this garbage and a lot of money, not only did he not send it to me, but I had to travel to his country (Bolivia) to look for him so as not to keep losing money.
the machine lasted two days and broke, (angulo records) obviously did not take charge and I blocked.
him sold also a chemical formula to erase the discs, that is nothing but nitrocellulose lacquer for floors. I never felt so cheated ... but I'm content to know that I'm not the only one. my lawyer says that being in another country makes a trial difficult, but do not lose the expectations ... very sad...
yes, I know, i am a fool....

Vice Fiori

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:32 pm

damn, my condolences...
where are you from? Argentina? unless you're more close to him or i'm wrong?

Vice Fiori

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:42 pm

someone post pictures about him and another ask if it's really him..

well, picture have more value than 1000 words:
Captura de Tela 2018-03-22 às 23.40.04.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vice Fiori

Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:44 pm

with his girlfriend...

every picture had this purple thing on his face.. maybe it's a winner punch in the eye?
Captura de Tela 2018-03-23 às 00.41.01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jonty2k

Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:51 am

I presume this is the same guy?
I was looking at and in talks with him about his machine (C6) before reading this thread!

https://www.facebook.com/JonathanMejiatangent/

Steve E.
Site Admin

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:38 am

Yes, Jonathan Meija is the same guy. Thanks for the heads up. He's now calling his product the Vortex Vinyl Recorder Automatic C6-N6. There's a C-5 somewhere in there, for $6000 USD.

Teeven

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello All
I'm late on this post
So their is not real Jonathan Mejia and nor real Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4 at all?
So the youtube and Facebook are scam?
Facebook says he is establish LA, Cal.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:33 pm

What's important is that the product doesn't work.

piaptk

Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:49 pm

Wow. so much work for a scam like this. weeeeiiiirddd.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

opcode66

Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:35 pm

I would say the same about someone else. But, then I would get in trouble. But, there is another whose work is just as questionable. And who makes a huge elaborate show of it.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

Teeven

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:28 am

Well guys. I just try the C4 and it works
A guy in Mexico City bought one to Ángulo and it records. And guest what. It records in stereo.
I don’t know about anything ok regards of scamp on heads or any other trouble with him, but the machine that he sell works.

roberto123

Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Teeven wrote:Well guys. I just try the C4 and it works
A guy in Mexico City bought one to Ángulo and it records. And guest what. It records in stereo.
I don’t know about anything ok regards of scamp on heads or any other trouble with him, but the machine that he sell works.

I think they are poorly informed. I have also seen these machines by Jonathan Mejía in Argentina that are in a studio recording acetates.
I have seen and verified that it works very well. I asked for two albums, just that they are not in this forum ........ I think this forum is for building inexperienced amateur experiments. Maybe that's why he has such cruelty against him ...

socialroots

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:44 am

Teeven wrote:Well guys. I just try the C4 and it works
Let me see if i understood what your saying. You tried the c4 from a gwey en D.F y tu puedes confirmar que si,se funciona y a demas se grabas en estereo?
If there is a cutting lathe in Mexico city, a C4 from Angulo ,can I get records cut from this gwey,cuz i have plenty of cuates chilangos in D.F that has been begging me To cut some records for Them but i only cut lo fi mono and they want stereo
. This would be a great chance to check the proof in the pudding about the accusations been thrown around here and at the same Time the guy with the Angulo lathe can be doing a great service for the chilango music community and meet some very cool musicos and potential clients from the same city.
Mexico (el pais,no el ciudad),was my adopted home from 87 till 2000,i still have good connections con la banda,so this is a great chance to see proof.
My friends that want the records are well established within the music scene in Mexico and are all publicly well known ,i dont care to drop names ,but i can trust them if they tell me theC4 is legit
And all that you say about Angulo C4 is true.
Maximo respectos y saludos desde Taiwan,
Patrick o Patricio(Ticho en Mexico)